Shiva Srikrishna, Kasula Sadhana, Ramya Sri S
Shiva Srikrishna1*, Kasula Sadhana1, Ramya Sri S2
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad - 500007, Telangana, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
In the present research work, we have designed a pulsatile formulation of Bosentan to treat High blood pressure as per the chronotherapeutic pattern of the disease. Core tablets were prepared by incorporating different concentration of disintegrants and were compressed in between different concentration of polymers. The core and compression coated tablets were subjected to pre-formulation, physicochemical and In-vitro drug release studies. FTIR studies revealed that there was not any chemical reaction between pure drug Bosentan and polymers. The pre and post-compressional parameters of tablets were also found to be within limits. Our optimized formulation F-6 releases Bosentan after a lag time of 2 hours and 98.01 % up to 12 hours. Formulations were stable for at least 3 months under standard long-term and accelerated storage conditions.
Cite this article:
Shiva Srikrishna, Kasula Sadhana, Ramya Sri S. Formulation and Evaluation of Bosentan Pulsatile Drug Delivery System by using Press Coated Technique. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2023; 15(1):25-0. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00005
Shiva Srikrishna, Kasula Sadhana, Ramya Sri S. Formulation and Evaluation of Bosentan Pulsatile Drug Delivery System by using Press Coated Technique. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2023; 15(1):25-0. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00005 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-1-5
1. Saidulu. P, Masthanamma. SK., V. Anitha Kumari. New validated RP-HPLC method for the determination of bosentan in bulk and dosage form. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(5): May, 2015; Page 549-553. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00091.8
2. Kalyani Lingamaneni, Mukthinuthalapati Mathrusri Annapurna. Development and validation of a new stability indicating RP-UFLC method for the estimation of Bosentan. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021; 14(8):4445-1. doi: 10.52711/0974-360X.2021.00772
3. D. Akiladevi, M. Nappinnai, T. Sudha. A Study on the Effect of disintegrants and Processing Methods on the Physicochemical and In Vitro Release Characteristics of Immediate Release Tablets of Bosentan Monohydrate. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2017; 7(4): 222-226. doi: 10.5958/2231-5659.2017.00035.2
4. Oruganti Sai Koushik, V. Himaja, P. Srinivasa Babu, Ramadoss Karthikeyan. Development and Validation of Novel RP-HPLC Method for Estimation of Bosentan in Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 8(12): Dec., 2015; Page 1653-1661. doi: 10.5958/0974-360X.2015.00298.X
5. Nirma Chavda, Suresh Kumar. A Review article on Analytical Method Development for the combination of Azelnidipine and Telmisartan. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2021; 11(3):227-4. doi: 10.52711/2231-5675.2021.00040
6. S Palanisamy, A Sumathy, C Sundaramoorthi, KSG Arul Kumaran. Drug Use Evaluation of Anti-Hypertensives at a Teaching Hospital in South India. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2(3): July-Sept. 2009; Page 477-481.
7. Indrajeet S. Patil, Omkar A. Patil, Girish Chandra R. Mandake, Manoj M. Nitalikar. Development and Evaluation of Telmisartan Pulsatile Drug Delivery by using Response Surface Methodology. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2018; 8(4): 205-214. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2018.00035.7
8. Rupali V. Khankari, Sneha M. Umale. A Review on Pulsatile Drug Delivery System. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2020; 10(2):121-124. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2020.00021.5
9. Pragya Baghel, Amit Roy, Shashikant Chandrakar, Sanjib Bahadur. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: A Promising Delivery System. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2013; 5(3): 111-114.
10. M. Sukanya, V. Saikishore, P.Y. Shanmukha, K. Srikanth.. Novel Approaches for Pulsatile Drug Delivery System. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2012; 4(4): 197-201.
11. Haribansh Narayan Singh, Shivangi Saxena, Sunil Singh, Ajit Kumar Yadav. Pulsatile Drug Delivery System: Drugs used in the Pulsatile Formulations. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2013; 5(3): 115-121.