P.B. Savant, M.A. Qureshi, N. Kshirsagar, Manjusha Kareppa, Avinash B Thalkari, P.N. Karwa
P.B. Savant*, M.A. Qureshi, N. Kshirsagar, Manjusha Kareppa, Avinash B Thalkari, P.N. Karwa
1,3Radheya Charitable Trusts, Dinesh Bembade College of Pharmacy, Latur Nanded Highway, Maharashtra Village Tq Chakur Dist Latur, 413513.
2,4SBSPM’S B- Pharmacy College, Ambajogai - 431517, Maharashtra.
5Vasant Pharmacy College, Kaij.
6Gurukrupa Institute of Pharmacy (Degree), Near Chatrapatthi Sugar Factory, NH- 222 Gadi Road, Majalgaon - 431131, Maharashtra.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2021
The oral dosage forms are the most popular way of taking medicine although having some disadvantages like deliberate absorption and thus onset of action is extend. This can be overcome by administrating the drug in a liquid form i.e. effervescent tablet. The research is a formulation of diclofenac sodium as a effervescent tablet by wet granulation method. The bitter taste of the drug are masked by added sweetening agent (lactose, glucose etc.) In the present work we are prepared effervescent tablet in that we are used active drug diclofenac sodium and other active ingredient acid like tartaric acid and base sodium bicarbonate in different concentrations. The formulation of tablet was done by using wet granulation, wet granulation is found to be acceptable method of effervescent tablet formulation. The various pre-formulation studies was performed hardness, weight variation, disintegration, dissolution etc.
Cite this article:
P.B. Savant, M.A. Qureshi, N. Kshirsagar, Manjusha Kareppa, Avinash B Thalkari, P.N. Karwa. Preparation and Evaluation of Diclofenac Sodium Effervescent Tablet. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(4):305-1. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2021.00050
P.B. Savant, M.A. Qureshi, N. Kshirsagar, Manjusha Kareppa, Avinash B Thalkari, P.N. Karwa. Preparation and Evaluation of Diclofenac Sodium Effervescent Tablet. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(4):305-1. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2021.00050 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-4-7
1. Jitul B. Patel, B.N. Suhagle, Mehul Patel, Akasha M. Patel, Tushar Patel Preparation and Evaluation of Effervescent tablets World Journal of Pharmacy of Pharmaceutics Sciences Volume 2 Page No. (2145).
2. Derle Deelip, Khandekar Suraj, Bhavsar Aniket, Derle Nikita Formulation development and evaluation of effervescent tablet of Paracetamol and N- acetylcysteine, Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical research,2017 ISSN No.: 2231-6876
3. Sodium bicarbonate from Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sodium_bicarbonate
4. Kagan IPCI, Tugba Oktemer, Leman Dirdane, Niyazi Altintopark, Nuray Bayar Muluk, Desiderio Passali, Cemal Cingi. Effervescent Tablet a Safe and Practical delivery System for drug administration. ENT Updates 2016, Volume 6 April 2016
5. Bharat W. Tekade, Umesh T. Jadhao, Vinod M. Thakre, Leena R. Bhortake evaluation of diclofenac sodium effervescent tablet, Innovatives in Pharmaceutical and Pharmacotherapy et, at IPP Vol 2(2) 350-358,2014
6. Patel Salim G., Siddaiah M., Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics 2018; 8(6):296-303 Formulation and Evaluation of Effervescent tablets: A Review ISSN 2250-1177, Page No.299.
7. Srinath KR, Chowdary C.P., Palanisamy P. Formulation and Evaluation of Effervescent tablets of Paracetamol., Int.J Pharma Research 2011 Volume 3 (3) 12 May 2011 et. Al, uprd 2011 Page No (77).
8. Lacheman or Liebermans 4th Edition the theory and practice of Industrial Pharmacy Published by CBS Publisher and Distributors PVT LTD. Page No. (468)
9. B. Chuasuwan, V. Binjesoh, J.E. Polli, H. Zhang, C.L. Amidon, H.E. Junginger, K.K. Midha, V.P. Shah, S. Stavchansky, J.B. Dressman, D.M. Barends: Biowaiver Monographs for immediate release solid oral dosage forms diclofenac sodium and diclofenac potassium, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol 98, No 4 April 2009.
11. Monita Thakare and Kamalinder K. Singh Preparation and Evaluation of diclofenac sodium-controlled release tablets using spray drying technology in aqueous system, Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
12. Ahmed M.A. Masaad Formulation and Newly Effervescence diclofenac K tablet., Int-J Pharma Sci.Rev,48 (January-February) 2018 article No.21 Page No.100
13. T. Comoglu, A. Dogan, S. Comoglu, N. Bascl Formulation and Evaluation of diclofenac potassium fast disintegrating tablets and their clinical application in migraine, Drug Dev Ind Pharma 2011 Mar. National library of medicine.
14. Francesco Cilurzo et al. Diclofenac fast–dissolving film: suppression of bitterness by a taste–sensing system; Drug Dev Ind Pharma 2011 Mar. National library of medicines national centre for biotechnology information.
15. Sri Aging Fitri Kusuma, Marline Abdassah, Arryo Aritrixso Simple Design of Miniaturized Cabinet for Compounding Vitamin C Effervescent tablet in laboratory Scale, Journal of Pharmacy Research, Vol 12, Issue 4- 2018.
16. Iyan Sopyan, Ni Made wilday Sukma Santi, Alif Virisy Berlian, Noer Erin Meilinu, Qisti Fauza, Restu Amelia Apriyandi A Review: Pharmaceutical Excipient of Solid dosage forms and characterizations, International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol 11 No 2 (2020).
17. Mohammad Abu, Taher Rasel, Moynul Hasan, Formulation and Evaluation of floating Alginate Beads of diclofenac sodium; Dhaka univ. J Pharma Sci 11 (1): 29-35, 2012 (June) Page no. 30
18. R.S. Guad, G.D. Gupta Practical Pharmaceutics Published by Satish Kumar Jain for CBS Publisher and Distributors PVT LTD., Page No. (468).
19. K. Divya, G. Vamshi, T. Vijaykumar, M. Sandhya Rani, B. Kishore Review on Introduction to Effervescent Tablets and Granules, Kenkyu Journal of Pharmacology ISSN 2455- 9237
20. Palanisamy P, Abhishek R, Yogesh Yoganand Kumar D. International Formulation and Evaluation of Effervescent tablets of aceclofenac, Research Journal of Pharmacy 2011,2 (12) Page No. (185-190).
21. Thoke Sagar B., Sharma Yogesh P., Dr Rawat Swati S., Nangude Satish L. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Effervescent tablet of alendronate sodium with vitamin D-3, Journal of Drug delivery and therapeutic 2013,3(5) 65-74page no. 68.
22. Albolfazl Aslani, Hajar Jahangiri., Formulation Characterization and Physiochemical Evaluation of Ranitidine Effervescent tablets., APB. Advanced Pharmaceutical Bulletin,2013(3)(2).
24. Chanam Melody Devi, Laldinchhana, Lilima Nath, Abhinab Goswami, Himal Baralcoti Formulation and Evaluation of Gastro Retentire Floating Tablets of Diclofenac Sodium Based on Effervescent Technology, International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Science – IJPBS (2019) 9 (3): 249-255.
25. Amit A. Patel, R.H. Parikh, Tejala Mehta Development Optimization and Evaluation of Effervescent Tablets of Chlorpheniramine Maleate Using Box Behnken Design, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Vol 7, Issue 8,2015.
26. R.M. Mehta Pharmaceutics -1 sixth edition published by Vallabh Prakashan page no. (257)
27. Shisir Kumar, Sharma Poudel, Bhupendra Kumar Poudel, Janu Khatri Silwal, Formulation and In Vitro Evaluation of Aceclofenac Effervescent Tablets, The Pharma Innovation Journal Page No. (20).