Priti B. Savant, Shrikrushna A. Shinde, Jayamala S. Barge
Priti B. Savant1, Shrikrushna A. Shinde2, Jayamala S. Barge1
1Lecturer, S. R. Institute of Diploma in Pharmacy, Bodhan Nagar, Jalkot Road Udgir - 413517 Maharashtra.
2Principal, S. R. Institute of Diploma in Pharmacy, Bodhan Nagar, Jalkot Road Udgir - 413517 Maharashtra.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Microencapsulation is a process in which tiny particles or droplets are surrounded by a coating to give small capsules, with useful properties. Microcapsule is a small sphere with uniform wall around it. The material inside the microcapsule is referred to as the core, internal phase or fill, whereas the wall sometimes called as shell, coating or membrane. Microencapsulation is a rapidly expanding technology in which very tiny droplets or particles of liquid or solid material are surrounded or coated with a continuous film of polymeric material. Aspirin (Acetylsalicylic acid) is a Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. It inhibits platelets aggregation and prolong bleeding time. This research article will emphasize formulation and evaluation of microcapsules of aspirin by coacervation phase separation method. coacervation phase separation techanique have been widely used to incorporate drugs into polymeric microcapsules.
Cite this article:
Priti B. Savant, Shrikrushna A. Shinde, Jayamala S. Barge. Formulation and Evaluation of Microcapsules of Aspirin by Coacervation Phase Separation Method. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(4):257-2. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00042
Priti B. Savant, Shrikrushna A. Shinde, Jayamala S. Barge. Formulation and Evaluation of Microcapsules of Aspirin by Coacervation Phase Separation Method. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(4):257-2. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00042 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-4-1
1. M.N. Singh, K.S.Y. Hemant and H.G. Shivakumar; Microcapsule tion: a promising technique for controlled drug delivery; Research Journal in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
2. Maninder Singh, J.S. Duamuse Menra, Mansi Soni, Deo Nandan Prasad; microencapsulation and it’s various aspects: A Review; International Journal of Advanced Research 4(6)2094-2108.
3. K. Shekhar, M. Naya Madhu, B. Pradeep, David Banji; A Review on microencapsulation; volume 5 issue 2, November 2010 page no. 58.
4. Catherine Tamaro- Duchesneau, Shyamali Sahu, Mennakshi Malhotra, Imen Kahouli and Satya Prakash, Microencapsulation for the therapeutic delivery of drugs’ live mammalian and bacterial cells and other biopharmaceutical: current status and future directions; Hindawi Journal of Pharmaceutics Published 5Dec 2012.
5. Vikas Dash, Sujeet K. Mishra and Goutam Rath; Release kinetic studies of aspirin Microcapsule from ethyl cellulose acetate phthalate and their mixture by emulsion solvent evaporation method; Scientia Pharmaceutica; page no.94.
6. Ching-Yao Yang, Suh Yuan Jsay, Bor-Kunan Chen; Application of gelatin for encapsulating aspirin into ethyl cellulose Microcapsule in an o/w emulsion; chemical engineering and communication; 2001 vol.186 pp.241-255.
7. Gene O. Fanger; microcapsulation on: A brief history and introduction spinger pp.1-20.
8. Nikhil K. Sachan, Bhupendra Singh and K. Rama Rao; Controlled drug delivery through microencapsulation; Malaysian journal of pharmaceutical sciences vol.4 no.1, 65-81 (2006).
9. Ms. Snehal Someshwar Jamdade, Ms. Shweta Dilip chaudhari, Mr. Amit Vilasrao Pondkule; A complete review on microencapsulation; International Journal of Scientific Development and Research vol.6 issue. 7page no.386-388.
10. Keshari Roshan, Rathore K.S., Bharkatiya Meenakshi, Mishra Amul; Microencapsulation drug delivery system an overview; Pharmatutor, Dec 2016,4(12); 20-28.
11. Azagheshwari; Binil Kuriokase, Sathv Reddy Padma and S. Padma Priya; A review on microcapsule; Global Journal of Pharmacology (9)1: 28-39; 2015.
12. Mohd Gayoor Khan, Vinod Kasma Taria; Development of microcapsulation: A review of literature; International journal of scientific study July 2017 vol.5 issue 4. Page no. 265-266.
13. Abdelkader Hassani, Siti Aslina Hussain, Norhafizah Abdullah, Suryani Kmaruddin; Moj. Curr.res and rev.2018; 1(2): 77-84.
14. Sarika V. Khandbanale; Microcapsulation – A novel approach drug delivery: A Review; Asian Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Science.
15. Tahir Ansari, Farheen M. Saquib Hasnain; M Niyaz Hoda and Amit Kumar Nayak; microcapsulation of pharmaceuticals by solvent evaporation Technique: A Review; Elixer Pharmacy 47(2012) 8821-8827.