Mayuri Kupkar, Priyanka Kusarkar, Trupti Dudhgaonkar
Mayuri Kupkar1*, Priyanka Kusarkar2, Trupti Dudhgaonkar3
1Student, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Dist – Sangli, (M.S.) 415404, India.
2Student, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Dist – Sangli, (M.S.) 415404, India.
3Assistant Professor, Rajarambapu College of Pharmacy, Kasegaon, Dist – Sangli, (M.S.) 415404, India.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2022
Now a days, immunity boosting or maintaining immunity system is becoming a first n most important priority. Hence goal of research is to prepare a completely herbal chyawanprash having excellent immunity boosting efficacy with a very attractive type of chocolate formulation. This new idea is making chyawanprash chocolate into the toffee shape is not only to increase attractiveness of product in children but also cover bitter test of some used herbals. In this formulation 35 herbal ingredients are used including amla as a prime ingredient which is enriched with vitamin c.
Cite this article:
Mayuri Kupkar, Priyanka Kusarkar, Trupti Dudhgaonkar. A Study on Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Chyawanprash Chocolate. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(2):123-6. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00019
Mayuri Kupkar, Priyanka Kusarkar, Trupti Dudhgaonkar. A Study on Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Chyawanprash Chocolate. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(2):123-6. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00019 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-2-4
1. Sharma R, Martins N, Kuca K, Chaudhary A, Kabra A, Rao MM, Prajapati PK. Chyawanprash: a traditional Indian bioactive health supplement. Biomolecules. 2019; 9(5):161.
2. Rathi B, Wanjari A, Rajput D, Khan M, Rathi R. Pharmaceutical standardization of Chyawanprash prepared by two different methods. Journal of Indian System of Medicine. 2018; 6(4):179.
3. Bansal N, Parle M. Beneficial effect of chyawanprash on cognitive function in aged mice. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2011; 49(1):2-8.
4. Kumar A, Rinwa P, Kaur P. Chyawanprash: A wonder Indian rasayana from ayurveda to modern age. Crit. Rev. Pharm. Sci. 2012; 1:1-8.
5. Parle, M.; Bansal, N. Traditional medicinal formulation, Chyawanprash—A review. Ind. J. Tradit. Knowl. 2006, 5, 484–488.
6. Tamboli FA, More HN, Khairmode SS, Patil DR, Tambare PD, Shinde AJ, Jadhav NR, Bhandari SV. Chyawanprash: A traditional indian bioactive herbal medicinal formulation to boost immunity and restore youthfulness. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences (TJPLS Journal). 2021; 8(1):21-8.
7. Panda, H. Handbook on Ayurvedic Medicines with Formulae, Processes and Their Uses; National Institute of Industrial Research: New Delhi, India, 2002 p. 10.
8. Rao, R.S.K. Encyclopaedia of Indian Medicine-Historical Perspective, Popular Prakashan: Bombay, India, 1985; Volume I, 25p.
9. Bates, D. Knowledge and the Scholarly Medical Traditions; Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, MA, USA, 1995; 325p.
10. Anonymous. The Ayurvedic Formulary of India; Ministry of Health & Family Welfare: New Delhi, India, 2003; p. 37.
11. Rathod S, Mali S, Shinde N, Aloorkar N. Cosmeceuticals and Beauty Care Products: Current trends with future prospects. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2020; 11(1):45-51
12. Poonam Amrutia, Darshana Dave. Prevailing Tenor for Ayurveda in Views of Ayurvedic Practitioners. Asian J. Management; 2017; 8(4):1029-1036.
13. A. S. Suresh, Bhavna Pawar. A Study of Factors of Lifestyle and its impact on Nutraceutical Consumption: India Perspective. Asian Journal of Management. 2018; 9(1):203-211.
14. Suraj J. Patil, Shivani D. Patil, Pratibha B. Patil, Pranali S. Patil, Ganesh B. Vambhurkar, Indryani D. Raut. Evaluation of Standardization Parameters of Ayurvedic Marketed Polyherbal Formulation. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2018; 8(4): 220-226.
15. Alex Nemtsov, Pavel Kirshkov. The Study of Precision of ISO 3632-2 Method for Analysis of Herbal Medicines. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(3):125-128.
16. P. Jaya Preethi. Herbal Medicine for Diabetes Mellitus: A Review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 3(2): April- June 2013; Page 57-70.
17. Hindustan Abdul Ahad, et al. Immuno-Boosters as Health Accelerants to Tackle Viral Infections. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2021; 11(3):212-6.
18. Bharti Ahirwar. Evaluation of stability study of Ayurvedic formulation Vasavaleha. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 3(1): Jan.-Mar. 2013; Page 01-04.
19. Seema Thakur, Neha Srivastava. Nutraceuticals: A Review. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2016; 6(2): 85-94.
20. Sushmita V. Patil, Vaishnavi K. Patil, Paresh A. Patil. Review on Herbal medicines of Alzheimer’s disease. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2020; 10(3):171-177.