The simplest type of structures with sizes in the nm range will be nanoparticles. Any atom mean that is associated by intensity with other atoms within a 'limited' distance may be claimed to be a nanoparticle in principle. The creation of novel drug delivery systems using nanoparticles has seen an exponential interest in recent years. In terms of high stability, high precision, high drug carrying capability, managed release potential, the possibility of use in various routes of administration and the ability to deliver both hydrophilic and hydrophobic drug molecules, nanoparticles may offer significant advantages over conventional drug delivery. The emphasis of this study is on classification, types, synthesis, preparation methods, characterization, use, nanoparticle advantages, and health perspectives.
Cite this article:
Seema U. Shinde, Nikita D. Gidde, Pradnya P. Shinde, Akshay B. Kadam. An Overview of Nanoparticles: Current Scenario. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(3):239-6. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2021.00040
Seema U. Shinde, Nikita D. Gidde, Pradnya P. Shinde, Akshay B. Kadam. An Overview of Nanoparticles: Current Scenario. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(3):239-6. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2021.00040 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-3-11
1. C. Karuppusamy, and P. Venkatesan, Role of Nanoparticles in Drug Delivery System: A Comprehensive review, Journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Research. Vol. 9(3), 2017, 318-325
2. Hahens WI., Oomen AG., deJong WH., Cassee FR. What do we (need to) know about the kinetic properties of nanoparticles in the body? Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology. 2007; 49: 217-229.
3. Couvreur P., Dubernet C., Puisieux F. Controlled drug delivery with Nano particles: current possibilities and future trends. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 1995; 41: 2-13.
4. Abhishek Garg, Sharad Visht, Pramod Kumar Sharma and Nitin Kumar, Formulation, Characterization and Application on Nanoparticle: A Review, Pelagia Research Library, Der Pharmacia Sinica, 2011, 2 (2): 17-26
5. Saba Hasan, A Review on Nanoparticles: Their Synthesis and Types, Research Journal of Recent Sciences, Vol. 4(ISC-2014), 9-11 (2015)
6. Hulakoti N.I. and Taranath T.C., Biosynthesis of nanoparticles using microbes: A Review. Colloids surf Bio Interfaces, (121), 474-83, (2014)
7. Mann S., Biomineralization, Principles and Concepts in Bioinorganic Materials Chemistry, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, (2001)
8. Narayanan K.B. and Sakthivel N., Biological Synthesis of metal nanoparticles by microbes, Advances in Colloid and Interface Science, 156, 1- 13, (2010)
9. Shiv Shankara S., Akhilesh Rai, Absar Ahmad, Murali Sastrya, J. of Colloid and Interface Science, 275(2), (2004)
10. Sastry M., Ahmad A., Khan I. and Kumar R. Biosynthesis of metal nanoparticles using fungi and actinomycete, Curr Sci, 85(2), 162-70, (2003)
11. Ghosh. PK. Hydrophilic polymeric nanoparticles as drug carriers. Indian J Biochem Biophys 2000 (37), 273-282.
12. Beena Kumari. A Review on Nanoparticles: Their Preparation Method and Applications, Indian Research Journal of Pharmacy and Science. 2018: June.: 5 (2), 1420-1426
13. R.B. Saudagar, Kanchan T. Mandlik. A review on gold nanoparticles. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 6(1): January-March, 2016; Page 45-48.
14. Sonali P. Mahaparale, Reshma S. Kore. Silver nanoparticles: synthesis, Characterization, Application, Future outlook. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2019; 9(3): 181-189
15. Pragati A. Bachhav, Rajavi M. Shroff, Atul A. Shirkhedkar. Silver nanoparticles: A comprehensive review on mechanism, synthesis and biomedical applications. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020;10(3): 202-212.
16. Gupta Durgesh Kumara, Goswami Raksha, Kumawat Deepak, Gupta Anjana, Chandy Steffy Mary. A review on chitosan nanoparticle as a drug delivery system. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(4): 299-306.
17. Rohan R. Vakhariya, Swati S. Talokar, V. R. Salunkhe, C.S. Magdum. Formulation development and optimization of simvastatin Loaded solid Lipid Nanoparticles. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017;7(1): 49-52.
18. Prashant S. Wake, M. D. Kshirsagar. Design and characterization of solid Lipd nanoparticle based transdermal drug delivery system. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017;7(2): 87-91.
19. Prashant S. Wake, M. D. Kshirsagar. Compatibility study In-vitro drug release study of solid lipid nanoparticle based transdermal drug delivery system for rasagiline mesylate. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017; 7(2): 92-96.
20. Sarika V. Khandbahale, R. B. Saudagar. Nanoparticle- A review. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017;7(3): 162-172.
21. Reshma Chauhan, Charmi Patel, Jitendriya Panigrahi. Greener approach for copper nanoparticles synthesis from Catharanthus roseus and Azadirachta indica leaf extract and their antibacterial and antioxidant activities. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2018;8(2): 81-90.
22. J. Madhusudhan, M. Indumati, S. Ammu. A Novel System for drug delivery using nanoparticles. A review. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2013; 3(4): 137-141.