Rahul Jodh, Mukund Tawar, Prashant Burange, Pradyumna Keche
Rahul Jodh, Mukund Tawar, Prashant Burange, Pradyumna Keche
Department of Pharmacology, P.R. Pote Patil College of Pharmacy, Amravati – 444602.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
Immunoglobulin’s are heterodimeric proteins composed of two heavy (H) and two light (L) chains. They can be separated functionally into variable (V) domains that binds antigens and constant (C) domains that specify effectors functions such as activation of complement or binding to Fc receptors. The variable domains are created by means of a complex series of gene rearrangement events, and can then be subjected to somatic hypermutation after exposure to antigen to allow affinity maturation. Immunoglobulin is the antibodies and glycoprotein’s molecules produced by plasma cells or white blood cells, a signal production occur due the reaction with B cells. In 20th century the science of immunoglobulin was considered as an important science, centrifugation, Immuno adsorption such novel techniques was discovered for dissection of human blood components such as antibodies, so the naming of antibodies was necessary, Latin terms was used at that time for the purpose of naming. But the various in vitro studies shows that the pepsin and acidic condition shows a degradative effect on immunoglobulin neutralizing titer. To overcome this the IgY antibodies are encapsulated. For the protection of mucosal membrane of the IgA plays an essential role, the immune response of the secretory IgA is short lived due to this the genetically engineered antibodies are used for passive immunotherapy.
Cite this article:
Rahul Jodh, Mukund Tawar, Prashant Burange, Pradyumna Keche. An updated review on Immunoglobulin. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(3):224-8. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00036
Rahul Jodh, Mukund Tawar, Prashant Burange, Pradyumna Keche. An updated review on Immunoglobulin. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(3):224-8. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00036 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-6
1. Brijesh K, Gadhvi V, Gupta A, Roopchandani K, Patel N. A Review: Production of Monoclonal Antibody. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2013;6(7):701-5.
2. Abdulazeem L, Jassim Y. The effect of yolk immunoglobulin and heat killed Sallmonella typhi on rabbits. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2018;11(6):2503-6.
3. Pagare MS, Joshi H, Patil L, Kadam VJ. Human milk: excellent anticancer alternative. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012;5(1):14-9.
4. Pirko EY, Hamad WF, KhalaweTektook N. Estimation levels of Immunoglobulin and Complement in Amoebiasis patients (Amebic Dysentery). Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(7):3555-8.
5. Cheryomushkina IV, Korneeva OS. Innovative biotechnology probiotic feed additives c and immunostimulatory effects. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2017;10(4):1165-7.
6. Mohire NC, Yadav AV, Gaikwad VK. Good oral hygiene for good overall hygiene: a review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009;2(2):262-73.
7. Sheth NS, Mistry RB. A Review: Nasal Drug Delivery System. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(3):349-55.
8. Alam N, Agrawal OP, Alam P, Agrawal S, Kaushik M, Dhari JS, Sharma OP. Natural immunoenhancers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(10):1526-32.
9. Khokra SL, Parashar B, Dhamija HK, Bala M. Immunomodulators: Immune System Modifiers. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012;5(2):169-74.
10. Malviya VR, Pande SD, Bobade NN. Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Beads of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(12):5972-6.
11. Lefranc MP, Lefranc G. The immunoglobulin factsbook. Academic press; 2001 May 23.
12. Malviya VR, Pande SD. Road CKN. Preparation ad Evaluation of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride Lozenge. J Pharma Res. 2019;8(8):624-9.
13. Honjo T. Immunoglobulin genes. Annual review of immunology. 1983 Apr;1(1):499-528.
14. Malviya V, Thakur Y, Gudadhe SS, Tawar M. Formulation and evaluation of natural gum based fast dissolving tablet of Meclizine hydrochloride by using 3 factorial design 2. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2020;6(2):94-100.
15. Burton DR. Immunoglobulin G: functional sites. Molecular immunology. 1985 Mar 1;22(3):161-206.
16. Malviya V, Ladhake V, Gajbiye K, Satao J, Tawar M. Design and Characterization of Phase Transition System of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride for Nasal Drug Delivery System. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 May 31;13(3):4942-51.
17. Heremans JF. Immunoglobulin A. InThe antigens 1974 Jan 1 (pp. 365-522). Academic Press.
18. Malviya VR, Tawar MG. Preparation and Evaluation of Oral Dispersible Strips of Teneligliptin Hydrobromide for Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 Jan 31;13(1):4745-52.
19. Bennich HH, Ishizaka K, Johansson SG, Rowe DS, Stanworth DR, Terry WD. Immunoglobulin E: a new class of human immunoglobulin. Immunology. 1968 Sep;15(3):323.
20. Malviya V, Manekar S. Design, Development and Evaluation of Aceclofenac and Curcumin Agglomerates by Crystallo Co-Agglomeration Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Mar 18;14(3):1535-41.
21. Woof JM, Kerr MA. The function of immunoglobulin A in immunity. The Journal of Pathology: A Journal of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. 2006 Jan;208(2):270-82.
22. Malviya V. Preparation and Evaluation of Emulsomes as a Drug Delivery System for Bifonazole. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2021 Jan 1;55(1):86-94.
23. Haas IG, Wabl M. Immunoglobulin heavy chain binding protein. Nature. 1983 Nov;306(5941):387-9.
24. Ahmed NJ, Menshawy MA. Prescribing of Xylometazoline in the outpatient department of a public hospital. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International. 2020:1-4.
25. Malviya V. Design and Characterization of Thermosensitive Mucoadhesive Nasal Gel for Meclizine Hydrochloride. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2022 Feb 28;15(1):5782-93.
26. Orbach H, Katz U, Sherer Y, Shoenfeld Y. Intravenous immunoglobulin. Clinical reviews in allergy and immunology. 2005 Dec;29(3):173-84.
27. Stavnezer J. Immunoglobulin class switching. Current opinion in immunology. 1996 Apr 1;8(2):199-205.
28. Malviya V, Pande S. Development and Evaluation of Fast dissolving Film of Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Oct 31;14(10):5345-50.
29. Burange PJ, Tawar MG, Bairagi RA, Malviya VR, Sahu VK, Shewatkar SN, Sawarkar RA, Mamurkar RR. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles by using Aloe vera and Thuja orientalis leaves extract and their biological activity: a comprehensive review. Bulletin of the National Research Centre. 2021 Dec;45(1):1-3.
30. Latiff AH, Kerr MA. The clinical significance of immunoglobulin A deficiency. Annals of clinical biochemistry. 2007 Mar 1;44(2):131-9.