Wajid Ahmad, Rihan Sheikh, Razia Ahmad, Suhana Khan
Wajid Ahmad*, Rihan Sheikh, Razia Ahmad, Suhana Khan
Department of Pharmaceutics, Institute of Pharmacy, Ankara, Turkey.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2022
Orally directed medications totally ingest just when they show reasonable dissolvability in gastric medium and such medications shows great bioavailability. The solvency and disintegration properties of medications assume a significant part during the formulation development. Greater part of the disappointments in the new medication improvement have been credited to poor water dissolvability of medication. It is widely accepted that poor water dissolvability is quite possibly the most every now and again experienced troubles in the field of pharmaceutics. Low solvency and ensuing unacceptable disintegration rate regularly bargain oral bioavailability. There are most remedial specialists used to create fundamental impacts by oral course that are the favored method of organization inferable from its few benefits and high quiet consistence contrasted with different courses. Thusly the current methodologies being utilized for BCS class II medications, along with retention enhancers, can be applied to detail class IV compound. Effervescent Assisted Fusion Technique, Solvent Evaporation method, Microemulsion, Liposomes are some imperative methodologies regularly utilized to improve the dissolvability of ineffectively water dissolvable medications. Determination of technique for solvency upgrade relies on drug qualities like dissolvability, substance nature, melting point, retention site, actual nature, pharmacokinetic conduct, etc, measurement structure necessity like tablet or capsule formulation, strength, quick or modified release. This review features the novel strategies accessible for improving solvency, disintegration and bioavailability of medications with poor fluid dissolvability.
Cite this article:
Wajid Ahmad, Rihan Sheikh, Razia Ahmad, Suhana Khan. Methods for Improving the Solubility of Water-Insoluble Drugs: A Comprehensive Review. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(4):309-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00051
Wajid Ahmad, Rihan Sheikh, Razia Ahmad, Suhana Khan. Methods for Improving the Solubility of Water-Insoluble Drugs: A Comprehensive Review. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(4):309-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00051 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-4-10
1. Sharma D, Soni M, Kumar S, Gupta GD. Solubility enhancement–eminent role in poorly soluble drugs. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009;2(2):220-4.
2. Malviya VR, Tawar MG. Preparation and Evaluation of Oral Dispersible Strips of Teneligliptin Hydrobromide for Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 Jan 31;13(1):4745-52.
3. Jadhav YL, Parashar B, Ostwal PP, Jain MS. Solid dispersion: Solubility enhancement for poorly water soluble drug. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012;5(2):190-7.
4. Malviya V, Ladhake V, Gajbiye K, Satao J, Tawar M. Design and Characterization of Phase Transition System of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride for Nasal Drug Delivery System. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2020 May 31;13(3):4942-51.
5. Chauhan NN, Patel NV, Suthar SJ, Patel JK, Patel MP. Micronization of BCS Class–II Drugs by Various Approaches for Solubility Enhancement–A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2012;5(8):999-1005.
6. Malviya VR, Pande SD. Road CKN. Preparation ad Evaluation of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride Lozenge. J Pharma Res. 2019;8(8):624-9.
7. Jagtap VA, Talele AN, Bendale AR, Narkhede S, Jadhav A, Vidyasagar G. Solubility Enhancement of Pioglitazone by Using Poloxamer (188 and 407) with the Help of Kneading Method. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3(4):1152-7.
8. Gubbi S, Jarag R. Liquisolid technique for enhancement of dissolution properties of bromhexine hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2009;2(2):382-6.
9. Malviya VR, Pande SD, Bobade NN. Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Beads of Zolmitriptan Hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2019;12(12):5972-6.
10. Chitlange SS, Pawbake GR, Pandkar SV, Wankhede SB. Formulation and evaluation of diacerein solid dispersion for solubility and dissolution rate enhancement. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2011;4(6):932-7.
11. Malviya V, Manekar S. Design, Development and Evaluation of Aceclofenac and Curcumin Agglomerates by Crystallo Co-Agglomeration Technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Mar 1;14(3):1535-41.
12. Malviya V, Thakur Y, Gudadhe SS, Tawar M. Formulation and evaluation of natural gum based fast dissolving tablet of Meclizine hydrochloride by using 3 factorial design 2. Asian Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2020;6(2):94-100.
13. Srikanth MV, Babu GV, Sunil SA, Rao NS, Kumar KP, Murthy KV. Studies on the effect of hydrophilic carriers in the dissolution rate enhancement of poorly soluble drug, bicalutamide. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2010;3(2):592-5.
14. Mishra R, Gautam SS, Prasad RK, Patel AK, Sahu AK. Solubility enhancement of clarithromycin using solid dispersion and effervescence assisted fusion technique. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016;9(6):677-86.
15. Malviya V. Preparation and Evaluation of Emulsomes as a Drug Delivery System for Bifonazole. Indian journal of pharmaceutical education and research. 2021 Jan 1;55(1):86-94.
16. Malviya V, Pande S. Development and Evaluation of Fast dissolving Film of Fluoxetine hydrochloride. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2021 Oct 31;14(10):5345-50.
17. Eskandar Moghimipour, Anayatollah Salimi, Fatemeh Leis, Preparation and evaluation of tretinoin microemulsion based on pseudo- ternary phase digram. Adv Pharm Bull. 2012 Dec; 2(2): 141-147
18. Francis Szoka, Jr., Demetrios Papahadjopoulos, Procedure for preparation of liposomes with large internal aqueous space and high capture by reverse phase evaporation, 9th ed, PNAS, Vol. 75, September 1978, pp. 4194-4198.
19. Kumar, Vinod, VK Damini, K. Eswar, Kadiri Rajesh Reddy, and P. Sucharitha. "SOMES: A Review on Composition, Formulation Methods and Evaluation of different types of “SOMES” Drug delivery system." International Journal of Applied Pharmaceutics (2020): 7-18.
20. Satyavathi, K., P. Bhojaraju, M. Srikranthi, and P. Sudhakar. "Formulation and In-Vitro Evaluation of Liposomal Drug Delivery System Of Cabazitaxel." J Pharm Drug Delivery Res 4 (2015): 2.
21. Malviya V. Design and Characterization of Thermosensitive Mucoadhesive Nasal Gel for Meclizine Hydrochloride. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology. 2022 Feb 28;15(1):5782-93.
22. Kamra, Manju, Anupama Diwan, and Satish Sardana. "Novel Topical Liposomal Gel of Benzoyl Peroxide and Resveratrol for Treatment of Acne."2nded, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development 6, (2018): 27-42.
23. Burange PJ, Tawar MG, Bairagi RA, Malviya VR, Sahu VK, Shewatkar SN, Sawarkar RA, Mamurkar RR. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles by using Aloe vera and Thuja orientalis leaves extract and their biological activity: a comprehensive review. Bulletin of the National Research Centre. 2021 Dec;45(1):1-3.
24. Asif, Hussain Mohammed, Renukuntla Arun Kumar, T. Rama Rao, and M. A. Anjum. "Preparation and Evaluation OfEthylcellulose Microspheres Prepared By Solvent Evaporation Technique." 7thed, Int. J. Pharm. Pharma. Sci 6, (2014): 264-266.
25. PYadav VI, Jadhav PR, Kanase KI, Bodhe AN, Dombe SH. Preparation and Evaluation of Microemulsion Containing Antihypertensive Drug." 5thed, Int. J. Appl. Pharm 10, (2018).
26. Malviya V, Burange P, Thakur Y, Tawar M. Enhancement of Solubility and Dissolution Rate of Atazanavir Sulfate by Nanocrystallization. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2021 Jul 1;55(3):S672-80.
27. Malviya, Vedanshu, Mukund Tawar, Prashant Burange, and Rahul Jodh. "A Brief Review on Resveratrol." (2022): 157-162.