The nanosuspension is one of the technology that can enhance the solubility of the poorly soluble drugs. It is an fine dispersion of the equal sized solid particles in an aqueous vehicle. The current objective of this work is to develop and evaluate nanosuspension of Albendazole, a poorly water-soluble anthelmintic drug, to enhance the solubility as well as the dissolution. The nanosuspension were formulated by nanoprecipitation with ultrasonication method using formic acid as solvent and water as anti-solvent. The formulated nanosuspensions were evaluated for particle size, drug entrapment efficiency, total drug content and the saturation solubility studies. In this study nine batches were formulated by using two different polymers that are PVP K-30 and Poloxamer 407 and as a surfactant SLS in which the concentration of the polymers was varied. The results of the pre formulation studies that are melting point 210-212oC, UV spectroscopic and FTIR studies proved that the drug was pure. The nanoparticles of Albendazole showed particle size in range of 0.005-0.020?m. On the basis of the total drug content and drug entrapment efficiency formulation F7 showed the excellent results.
Cite this article:
Dode Raj H., Surawase Rajendra K.. Development and Evaluation of Nanosuspension of Albendazole by Nanoprecipitation. 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00001. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(1):1-6. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00001
Dode Raj H., Surawase Rajendra K.. Development and Evaluation of Nanosuspension of Albendazole by Nanoprecipitation. 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00001. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2022; 14(1):1-6. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00001 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-1-1
1. Sarika V. Kandbahale. A Review- Nanosuspension Technology in Drug Delivery System. Asian J. Pharm.Res.2019,9(2):130-138. Doi: 10.5958/2231-5951.2019.00021.2
2. Arunkumar N, Deecarman M, Rani C; Nanosuspension technology and its application in drug delivery. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2009; 3:168-173.DOI: 10.4103/0973-8398.56293
3. Smita S. Aher, Sagar T. Malsane, R.B. Saudagar. Nanosuspension: An Overview. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2017;7(2):81-86.DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.2017.00012.1
4. Patel HM, Patel BB, Shah CN, Shah DP. Nanosuspension Technologies for Delivery of Poorly Soluble Drugs – A Review. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2016 21;9(5):625-32.
5. Siddeswara m. Pradeep Kumar M. Santosh Raja M. Yasmin S. Review on Nanosuspension, Asian J. Pharm. 2016.
6. S Varun, R Kapoor, K Preet. Taste masking and formulation of ofloxacin rapid disintegrating tablets and oral suspension. Indian J Pharm Edu Res 2009;43:150-5.
7. Rajashri R. Kulkarni, Dipti G. Phadtare, Ravindra B. Saudagar. A Novel Approach Towards Nanosuspension. Asian J. Pharm. Res.5(4):2015;186-194.DOI: 10.5958/2231-5691.2015.00029.5
8. Liu D, Xu h.Tian B, Yuan K, Pan H, Ma S. Fabrication of carvedilol nanosuspension through the anti-solvent precipitation ultrasonication method for the improvement of dissolution rate and oral bioavaibility. AAPS pharma sci Tech 2012;13:295-304
9. Bhakay A, Rahman M, Dave RN, Bilgili E. Bioavailability enhancement of poorly water-soluble drugs via nanocomposites: Formulation- Processing aspects and challenges. Pharmaceutics. 2018 Sep;10(3):86.DOI: 10.3390/pharmaceutics10030086
10. Sharma P, Garg S. Pure drug and polymer-based nanotechnologies for the improved solubility, stability, bioavailability and targeting of anti-HIV drugs. Advanced drug delivery reviews. 20102010;18;62(4-5):491-502.DOI: 10.1016/j.addr.2009.11.019
11. Junyaprasert VB, Morakul B. Nanocrystals for enhancement of oral bioavailability of poorly water soluble drugs. Asian journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2015 1;10(1):13-23.DOI: 10.1016/j.ajps.2014.08.005
12. Chandra A, Sharma U, Jain SK, Soni RK. Nanosuspension: An overview. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2013 14;3(6):162-7.DOI: 10.22270/jddt.v3i6.677
13. Pawar Pravin, Yadav Adhikrao, Gharge Varsha. Different Techniques for Preparation of Nanosuspension with Reference to its Characterisation and various Applications-A Review. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2018;8(4):210-216.DOI : 10.5958/2231-5659.2018.00035.8
14. BP Patel. A review on techniques which are useful for solubility enhancement of poorly water-soluble drugs. Int J For Res Management Pharm 2012;1:56-70.
15. Khan AD, Singh L. Various techniques of bioavailability enhancement: a review. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2016 May 15;6(3):34-41.DOI: 1022270/jddt.v6i3.1228
16. Ashok. P, Meyyanathan. S. N, R. Vadivelan, Jawahar. N. Nanosuspensions by Solid Lipid Nanoparticles method for the Formulation and in vitro/in vivo characterization of Nifedipine. Asian J. Res.Pharm.Sci.2021;11(1):1-6.DOI: 10.5958/2231-5659.2021.00001.1
17. Bhalekar M, Upadhya P, Reddy S, Kshirsagar S, Madgulkar A, Formulation and evaluation of acyclovir nanosuspension for enhancement of bioavaibility. Asian J. Pharma 2014;8:110-8.
18. Begum Y., Saisree R., Preparation and Evaluation of nanosuspension of Nifediine, International Journal of Current Research;2017: 9(09):57091-57098.
19. Kaushik D., Kumar P., Design development and evaluation of Nanosuspension of Azithromycin, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research;2015:7(5):384-394.