P. Sujani, M. Veera Babu, P. Premitha Rajya Lakshmi, B. Swathi Chandra Sekhar
P. Sujani*, M. Veera Babu, P. Premitha Rajya Lakshmi, B. Swathi Chandra Sekhar
Department of Pharmaceutics, Adarsa College of Pharmacy, G. Kothapalli- 533285,
Gokavaram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Volume - 13,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2021
Cosmetics is defined as any article intended to improve a person’s appearance. Legislation demands the assurance of three important features, namely safety, efficacy and quality of cosmetics. The review aims to introduce the quality control parameters and the procedure to determine the quality of various cosmetics. Various types of cosmetics include powders, shampoos, sunscreen preparations, lipsticks, etc., and the evaluation tests include colour dispersion test, eye irritation test, determination of sunscreen index, melting point determining test etc., respectively.
Cite this article:
P. Sujani, M. Veera Babu, P. Premitha Rajya Lakshmi, B. Swathi Chandra Sekhar. Evaluation of Cosmetics: A Review. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2021;13(1):76-81. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2021.00014.8
1. Handbook of Cosmetics- B.M. Mithal, R.N. Saha.
2. Textbook of cosmetic formulations, Authors-Gaurav Kumar Sharma, Jayesh Gadiya, Meenakshi Dhanawak. May 2018.
3. Text Book of Cosmetics, Rajesh Kumar Nema, Kamal Singh Rthore, Bal Krishna Dubay.
4. Cosmetics- Formulation, Manufacture, Quality Control, 4th Edition, P. Sharma.
5. Bureau of Indian Standards for tooth paste.IS 6356-1993.
6. Verma S., Tripathi D., Tiwari R. K. Formulation and Evaluation of Natural Lipsticks Prepared from Bixa Orellana Seeds and Daucus Carota Root Extract and their Comparitive study J Pharm Sci Bioscientific Res. 2017. 7(1):131-135.
7. Hand book of herbal products cosmetics, toiletries and perfume. Volume 1, National Institute of Industrial Research, Delhi, page no 255-256.
8. L. Mitchell, Schlossman. Technique for evaluation of nail enamel. Journal of Society of Cosmetic Chemists, 1980, 32,43-52.
9. V. Nalamothu, F. Verkh, L. Dragwa, w. Chern. Physical evaluation of medical nail lacquers using a text analyser. The AAPS Journal, 2002, 4(S1).
10. R.K. Khar, A. Nanda. S. Nanda. Cosmetic technology, 1st edition 2007, Birla Publications Regd, Delhi, Page no. 12, 22.
11. Indian Standard of Nail of Polish (Nail enamel) specification (IS 9542:1994). Bureau of Indian standard, 2003.