Rohit S. Bhamare, Rajendra K. Surawase, Jayshree S. Bhadane
Rohit S. Bhamare*, Rajendra K. Surawase, Jayshree S. Bhadane
Department of Pharmaceutics, Loknete Dr. J. D. Pawar College of Pharmacy, Manur, Nashik 423501, Maharashtra, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2023
In the existing study focused on the solubility enhancement of lansoprazole by using solid dispersion technique. Lansoprazole is proton pump inhibitor (PPI). Lansoprazole is used for the treatment of gastric ulcer. Lansoprazole is the Class II Drug of Biopharmaceutical Classification system. By using novel solid dispersion methods to enhance the oral solubility of poor water-soluble drug. Lansoprazole has the low solubility and high permeability. Hence to enhance the solubility of lansoprazole we prepared the Lansoprazole solid dispersion (SD) with PVP K30, Poly Ethylene Glycol 6000 (PEG 6000) and Poloxamer 407. Lansoprazoledissolving tablet were formulated using various superdisintegrants like Crospovidone and Sodium Starch Glycolate by Direct compression. The prepared the tablet is evaluated at various parameters like weight variation, hardness, friability, disintegration time, drug content uniformity and In-vitro dissolution. The In-vitro Drug release study of solid dispersions SD6 show the high drug release around 98.93%. Overall, in the all formulations F12 which contains 6%, 3.75% and 10% of Crospovidone, SSG and MCC release the 98.93% drug is the best formulation.
Cite this article:
Rohit S. Bhamare, Rajendra K. Surawase, Jayshree S. Bhadane. Solubility Enhancement of Lansoprazole by using Solid Dispersion Technique. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology2023; 15(4):229-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00037
Rohit S. Bhamare, Rajendra K. Surawase, Jayshree S. Bhadane. Solubility Enhancement of Lansoprazole by using Solid Dispersion Technique. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology2023; 15(4):229-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00037 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-4-2
1. M. Kranthi Kumar Reddy, B. Narasimha Rao, K. Ravindra Reddy. Study on Effect of Excipients in Enhancing the Solubility of Nateglinide by Solid Dispersions. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2012; 2(4): 144-147.
2. Arunachalam A, Karthikeyan M, Konam K, Prasad PH, Sethuraman S, Ashutoshkumar S. Solid dispersions: a review. Journal of Current Pharma Research. 2010;1(1):82.
3. Smita Kolhe, Praveen Chaudhari, Dhananjay More. Formulation Development of Solid Dispersion Prepared by Newer Approach: A Research. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2013; 3(4): 172-180.
4. Snehal S Manekar, Ravindra L. Bakal, Manoj S. Charde. Enhancement of Dissolution profile of poorly water soluble drug using Water Soluble Carriers. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2022; 12(2):137-2.
5. Rohan R. Vakhariya, S. M. Kumbhar, R. B. lade, P. S. Salunkhe, R. H. Ubale. Dissolution Rate Enhancement of Ramipril by Solid Dispersion Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(1):08-12.
6. Chirag A. Patel, Priyal R. Patel, Dhrubo Jyoti Sen, Jayvadan K. Patel. et al Enhancement of Solubility of Poorly Water-Soluble Drug (Allopurinol) Through Solid Dispersion. Research J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech. 2010; 2(2):156-163.
7. Rutuja S. Shah, Rutuja R. Shah, Manoj M. Nitalikar, Chandrakant S. Magdum. Microspheres by Spray Drying: An Approach to Enhance Solubility of Bicalutamide. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2017; 7(3): 183-188.
8. Keerthi Manukonda, Rama Rao N, Santhosh Aruna M, Lakshmi Prasanna J. Solid Dispersions-An Approach to Enhance the Dissolution Rate of Clopidogrel Bisulphate. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2014; 4(4): 165-168.
9. Smita Kolhe, Praveen Chaudhari, Dhananjay More. Formulation and Evaluation of Solid Dispersion by Novel Technique. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2013; 3(4): 206-214.
10. Divya B., Sabitha P., Ravindra Reddy, M. Kranthi Kumar Reddy, B. Narasimha Rao. An Approach to Enhance Solubility of Gatifloxacin by Solid Dispersion Technique. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2012; 2(2): 58-61.
11. Mogal Prasad S, Dode Raj H, Surawase Rajendra K. et al Solid dispersion: A magnificent app. to improve sol. of poorly soluble drugs. EJBPS. 2021; 8(5): 171-176.
12. Ashok A. Hajare, Prabhakar R. Jadhav. Improvement of Solubility and Dissolution Rate of Indomethacin by Solid Dispersion in Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone K30 and Poloxomer 188. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2012; 2(3): 116-122.
13. Rajesh Asija, Shailendra Bhatt, Sangeeta Asija, Isha Shah, Alpesh Yadav. Solubility Enhancement of Nebivolol by Solid Dispersion Technique. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2014; 4(3): 134-140.
14. Patel DM, Patel SP, Patel CN. Formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving tablet containing domperidone ternary solid dispersion. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation. 2014; 4(4): 174.