Laxman S. Vijapur, Anita R. Desai, Gajanand G. Satbhai, Supriya P. Suragond, Bhagyashree V S, Farha Hassan
Laxman S. Vijapur, Anita R. Desai*, Gajanand G. Satbhai, Supriya P. Suragond, Bhagyashree V S, Farha Hassan
Department of Pharmaceutics, BVVS Hanagal Shri Kumareshwar College of Pharmacy, Bagalkot, Karnataka.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 2,
Year - 2023
The study aimed to formulate a herbal shampoo and evaluate its physicochemical properties. The herbal shampoo was formulated by adding the extracts of amla, bhringraj, curry leaves, reetha and shikakaiin different proportions to water, methyl paraben was added and completely dissolved. To this 2% of carbopol-934 was added to form a gel. All extracts were weighed and dissolved to form a homogenous solution, lemon juice and citric acid was stirred properly with it. The evaluation parameters such as visual inspection, foaming ability, foaming stability, pH, dirt dispersion, measurement of surface tension, rheological evaluation and percentage of solid contents were performed to determine the physicochemical properties of formulated herbal shampoo. The formulated herbal shampoo was also evaluated for conditioning performance by administering a blind test to 30 student volunteers. It showed low surface tension, good foam stability after 5 min. The results indicated that the formulated shampoo was observed to be suitable for use and safe.
Cite this article:
Laxman S. Vijapur, Anita R. Desai, Gajanand G. Satbhai, Supriya P. Suragond, Bhagyashree V S, Farha Hassan. Formulation and Evaluation of Conditioning Herbal Shampoo. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2023; 15(2):75-9. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00013
Laxman S. Vijapur, Anita R. Desai, Gajanand G. Satbhai, Supriya P. Suragond, Bhagyashree V S, Farha Hassan. Formulation and Evaluation of Conditioning Herbal Shampoo. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2023; 15(2):75-9. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00013 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-2-1
1. Yadav AR, Mohite SK. Formulation and evaluation of antidandruff shampoo. Res J Top Cosmet Sci. 2020; 1; 11(2):55-8.
2. Gubitosa J, Rizzi V, Fini P, Cosma P. Hair care cosmetics: From traditional shampoo to solid clay and herbal shampoo, a review. Cosmetics. 2019; 6(1):13.
3. Zambare KK, Gonge SB, Shewale GB, Pawar PS. Preparation and evaluation of polyherbal shampoo. Skin. 2019; 1; 158(168):171.
4. Sharma S, Sharma R, Sharma M, Ali SS, Ahmed T, Sachdeva D. Evaluation of Proteolytic activity of commercial shampoo-A preliminary study. Research Journal of Topical and Cosmetic Sciences. 2014; 5(1):5.
5. Kengar MD, Vambhurkar GB, Gavade AS, Jagtap AM, Raut ID. Formulation and evaluation of polyherbal shampoo. Res J Top Cosmet Sci. 2018; 9(1):1-3.
6. Chavan VM, Suryavanshi KJ, Bhor AS. Formulation and Evaluation of Herbal Shampoo.
7. Pharmacognosy by C K Kokate, A P Purohit, S B Gokhale Edition 55th.
8. Suyog S.D Formulation and evaluation of herbal shampoo IJCRT 2020; 8(9):2860-69
9. Reddy KV, Yachawad AV, Zambare KK, Landge S. Formulation and evaluation of herbal shampoo: Bryophyllum pinnatum. Asian J Pharm Res. 2020; 10(2):86-8.
10. Jadhav SS, Jadhav KS, Dalvi YV. Formulation and evaluation of herbal liquid shampoo. Res J Top Cosmet Sci. 2018; 1; 9(2):44-8.
11. Kumar A, Mali RR. Evaluation of prepared shampoo formulations and to compare formulated shampoo with marketed shampoos. Evaluation. 2010; 3(1):0-25.
12. Saraf S, Hargude SM, Kaur CD, Saraf S. Formulation and evaluation of herbal shampoo containing extract of Allium sativum. Res J Top Cosmet Sci. 2011; 2(1):18.
13. Priya D.G, Kamini V. M, Madhavee D.B Formulation and evaluation of herbal shampoo 2018; 9(3):29-31
14. Nikam NR, Patil PR, Jadhav RP, Vakhariya RR, Magdum CS. Formulation and evaluation of herbal shampoo: A comparative study. Evaluation. 2019; 1; 6:6-25.
15. Vijayalakshmi A, Sangeetha S, Ranjith N. Formulation and evaluation of herbal shampoo. Asian J Pharm.Clin Res. 2018; 11(4):121-4.
16. Bala R, Madaan R, Arora S. Green Synthesis and Characterization of silver nanoparticles using Kinnow mandarian peels extract and its application in Shampoo Formulation. Res J Pharm Technology. 2017; 10(8):2461-6.
17. Preethi P J, Padmini K, Shrikanth J, Lohit M, Swetha K P, Rao PV. A review on herbal shampoo and its evaluation. Asian J Pharm Anal. 2013; 3(4):153-6.
18. Sastrawidana DK, Pradnyana GA, Madiarsa M. Preparation and characterization of herbal shampoo from goat milk and natural extract. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series 2019 Oct 1 (Vol. 1317, No. 1, p. 012033). IOP Publishing.
19. Preethi PJ, Padmini K, Srikanth J, Lohita M, Swetha KP, Rao PV. A review on herbal shampoo and its evaluation. Asian J Pharm Ana. 2013; 3(4):153-6.
20. Pawan M, Shashikant M, Piyush Y, A Review article on herbal shampoo. 2021; 8(5):366-75.