Y. Sirisha, Kurni Sai Kumar, Ramya Sri S
Y. Sirisha1*, Kurni Sai Kumar1, Ramya Sri S2
1Department of Pharmaceutics, Samskruti College of Pharmacy, Affiliated to JNTUH University, Hyderabad 501301, Telangana, India.
2Department of Pharmacy, University College of Technology, Osmania University, Hyderabad – 500007, Telangana, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 1,
Year - 2023
The aim of the present study was to develop Stavudine extended release tablets to maintain constant therapeutic levels of the drug for over 12 hrs. Xanthan gum, Sodium CMC and HPMC 15cps were used as polymers. All the formulations were passed various physicochemical evaluation parameters such as Bulk Density, Tapped Density, Carr’s Index, Hausners Ratio, Angle of Repose, Weight Variation, Hardness, Thickness, Friability and Drug Content. From the dissolution studies it was evident that the formulation F6 showed better and desired drug release pattern i.e., 99.12% in 12 hours. It contains the Sodium CMC as polymer. It followed Kars Mayer peppas release kinetics mechanism.
Cite this article:
Y. Sirisha, Kurni Sai Kumar, Ramya Sri S. Formulation Development and In vitro Characterisation of Stavudine Extended Release Matrix Tablets. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2023; 15(1):31-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00006
Y. Sirisha, Kurni Sai Kumar, Ramya Sri S. Formulation Development and In vitro Characterisation of Stavudine Extended Release Matrix Tablets. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2023; 15(1):31-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00006 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-1-6
1. B. Babu Rao, P. Harish, Saikat Das, T. Ashwin Kumar, V. Raman Koundinya. Formulation Development and In-Vitro Evaluation of Extended Release Tablets Containing Losartan Potassium. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 3(4): Oct. - Dec.2013; Page 181-188.
2. Dr. Y. Krishna Reddy, K. Akhila. Extended Release Matrix Tablets of Nateglinide: Formulation and In vitro Evaluation. Asian J. Pharm. Res. 2020; 10(2):101-104. doi: 10.5958/2231-5691.2020.00019.2
3. Sunil Kumar, Anil Kumar, Vaibhav Gupta, Kuldeep Malodia, Pankaj Rakha. Oral Extended Release Drug Delivery System: A Promising Approach. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 2(3): July-Sept. 2012; Page 101-106.
4. Paresh Patel. Formulation, Development and Evaluation of Expectorant Extended Release Tablet. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2015; Vol. 5: Issue 4, Oct. - Dec., Pg 249-272. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2015.00035.5
5. Debjit Bhowmik, Rishab Bhanot, K.P. Sampath Kumar. Extended Release Drug Delivery-An Effective Way of Novel Drug Delivery System. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 2018; 10(4): 233-244. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2018.00035.6
6. K. Vanitha, Prasanna Kumar Desu. Formulation Development and Evaluation of Sodium Valproate and Valproic acid Extended Release Tablets. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2019; 11(2):74-80. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2019.00012.0
7. Venkatesh Gavini, M. Srinivasa Murthy, P. Kiran Kumar ,D. L. Radhika. Formulation and In-vitro Evaluation of Mucoadhesive Microspheres loaded with Stavudine using Hydrophilic Macromolecular Polymers. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Form. and Tech. 6(2):April- June 2014; Page 99-104.
8. V Reddy Panditi, C Jose Gnana Babu, KP Channa Basavaraj, CH Sharada, Y Bhargava Reddy. Validated RP- HPLC Method for the Quantitation of Stavudine in Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research J. Pharm. and Tech.3 (3): July-Sept. 2010; Page 770-772.
9. Chinmaya Keshari Sahoo, Surepalli Ram Mohan Rao, Muvvala Sudhakar, D. Venkata Ramana, Kanhu Charan Panda. Formulation and Evaluation of Controlled Porosity Osmotic Pump Tablets for Oral Delivery of Stavudine. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2018; 10(3):179-187. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2018.00028.9
10. Nokhodchi, Shaista Raja, Priya Patel, Kofi Asare-Addo. The Role of Oral Controlled Release Matrix Tablets In Drug Delivery Systems. Bioimpacts. 2(4); 175-187:2012.
12. Alex Merlin. A Study to Assess the Knowledge Regarding HIV/AIDS Among Young Adults in Selected Areas, Mumbai. International Journal of Nursing Education and Research. 2021; 9(4):467-8. doi: 10.52711/2454-2660.2021.00107
13. Vinay Kumar G., Nisha P. Nair, Prasannakumar D.R., Parmesha. A Study to assess the Quality of life of People Living with HIV/AIDS receiving Anti Retroviral Therapy from the selected Anti-Retroviral Therapy centre’s of Mysore. Int. J. Adv. Nur. Management 2(2): April- June, 2014; Page 90-92.
14. Sara Sadique, Ramya Sri S. Preparation and evaluation of fast dissolving oral film of Losartan Potassium. Research journal of pharmaceutical dosage forms and technology. 2020., 12(1), 1-4.
15. Ramya Sri Sura., Formulation and Evaluation of Nizatidine Microspheres, Research journal of science and technology., 2019and March., 11 (1), 14-26.
16. Ramya Sri Sura, CVS Subrahmanyam, Shyam Sunder Rachamalla. Design And Evaluation of Liquisolid Compacts Of nebivolol Hydrochloride (2022). Design and Evaluation of liquisolid compacts of nebivolol hydrochloride. International journal of applied pharmaceutics., 14(2), 293-307.
17. Ramya Sri Sura, Subrahmanyam CVS, Shyam Sunder Rachamalla. Development and evaluation of self micro emulsifying drug delivery system (SMEDDS) for nebivolol hydrochloride (2021). Int. J. Life Sci. Pharma Res. 11(6), P83-97. http://dx.doi.org/10.22376/ijpbs/lpr.2021.11.6.P83-97