Metoprolol succinate is a ß1 selective antagonist used an anti-arrhythmic, antiagina, antihypertensive. sustained release tablet of metoprolol succinate were formulated using polymers. The half-life of drug is relatively 4-6 hours. The formulation of metoprolol succinate tablet were produced by direct compression or wet granulation method. The formulations were evaluated for thickness, hardness, weight variation, friability and dissolution, drug content all the physical characteristics of the formulated tablets were within acceptable limits. The dissolution studies of Metoprolol succinate sustained release tablets reflects USP specification NMT 25%by 1 hours, 20-40%by 4 hours,40-60%by 8 hours and more than 80% by 20 hrs.
Cite this article:
Priyanka M. Salve, Rajendra K. Surawase. Formulation Development and In-vitro Evaluation of Sustained Release Tablets of Metoprolol Succinate. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(4):269-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2021.00044
Priyanka M. Salve, Rajendra K. Surawase. Formulation Development and In-vitro Evaluation of Sustained Release Tablets of Metoprolol Succinate. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. 2021; 13(4):269-5. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2021.00044 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2021-13-4-1
1. Mayur N. Ghotkar, Rohit M. Jamdar, Rohit R. Mahajan, Ashwinkumar S. Chougule, Sneha M. Dhavane, Pooja N. Ingole, Ganesh B. vambhurkar. In-vitro Evaluation of different marketed brands of Rabiprazol Tablets using Quality Control Tests. Asian J. Pharm. Ana. 2020; 10(2) 99-102. doi: 10.5958/2231-5675.2020.00017.4
2. Brahmankar DM, Jaiswal SB, Bio pharmaceutics a treastise and Pharmacokinetics, GT karnal Road, Delhi: 2009. Pg.29-55.and 328-335.
3. Vijay Singh Jatav, Jitendra Singh Saggu, Ashish Kumar Sharma, Santosh Kumar singh. Effect of Dimethyl Sulphoxides as Permeation Enhancer on Transdermal Patch of Nebivolol Hydrochloride. Asian J.Res. Pharm sci.3(1): Jan-Mar.2013: page 08-11
4. Sudhir Sawant, Ramesh Yamgar. Dealing With the Challenges during Large Scale Manufacturing of Polymorphic Drug Substances. Asian J. Res. Pharm. Sci. 1(3): July-Sept.2011; Page 63-68.
5. Rohankumar R. Chavan, Sheela S, Thorat, Aishwarya R Thoke. Degradation Study of Spironoctone by UV-Visible Spectroscopy Method in Bulk Form. Asian J. Pharma. Tech. 2019;9(3):185-188. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2019.00031.X
6. Nuha Rasheed, Abdul Saleem Mohammad, Seema Farheen, Shaikh Zubair. Simulataneous Formulation Development, Evaluation and Estimation of Innovative Controlled Release Tablets of Bosentan Formulated with Varied polymers. Asian J.Pharm. Ana.2016;6(4):235-245.
7. Prakash Goudanavar, Doddayya Hiremath, Spandana D., S.R. Reddy. Development and Evaluation of Fast Disintegrating Tablets of Granisetron HCl with Natural and Synthetic Polymers. Asian J. Pharm. Res.1(3): July-Sept.2011;page 72-77
8. http://www.pharmatutor.org/articles/review-selection-of dissolution-media.
9. Swati Saxena, Sarang Jain. A Review on Biopharmaceutical Classification System. Asian J. Pharm. Tech. 2019 ;( 4):267-270. doi: 10.5958/2231-5713.2019.00044.8
10. Sali S R, Gondkar S B, Saudagar R B. A Review on: Atrigel-The Magical Tool Asian.J.Res. Pharm. Sci.2018;8(1) 48-54.doi; 10.5958/2231-5659.2018.00011.5
11. Rekha Kallam, Padma sree K, Srinivas Arutla, MA Bari. Formulation and Evaluation of Extended-Release Matrix Formulation of Metoprolol Succinate. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 4(1): January 2011; Page 160-164.
12. Gitika Dhingra, Brinda Sreelesh, Manju Nagpal, Pankaj Rakha, B P Nagori. In-Vitro Dissolution Testing of Ibuprofen Using Compendial and Biorelevant Dissolution Media. Research J. Pharm.and Tech.3 (3): July-Sept. 2010; Page 931-933.
13. R. K. Verma. Generic Medicines: Core Issue and Legal mechanism. Int. J. Rev. and. Res. Social Sci. 2019;7(2):405-414. doi: 10.5958/2454-2687.2019.00033.9
14. Sojitra Rajanit, Virani Paras, Hashumati Raj. Absorption Correction Method for Simultaneous Estimation Nifidipine and Metoprolol Succinate in Their Synthetic Mixture using from Spectrophotometry. Asian J.Pharm.Tech.2015; Vol 5: Issue 1, pg 13-16.doi:10.5958/3331-5713.2015.00003.3
15. Deepak Prashar, Vijay Prakash. Gum tragacanth: A Natural Polymeric Backbone.Asian J. Pharm. Tech.2021;11(1): 72-75.doi:10.5958/2231-5713.2021.00012.X