S. Janet Beula, T. Ramamohan Reddy, R. Suthakaran, M. Viswaja
S. Janet Beula1*, Dr. T. Ramamohan Reddy2, R. Suthakaran3, M. Viswaja4
1Teegala Ram Reddy College of Pharmacy, Meerpet, RR District, India.
2CMR College of Pharmacy, Medchal, RR District, India.
3,4Vijaya College of Pharmacy, Munuganoor, RR District, India.
Volume - 15,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
A simple and selective LC method is described for the determination of Lafutidine in tablet dosage forms. Chromatographic separation was achieved on a c18 column using mobile phase consisting of a mixture of Phosphate buffer (KH2PO4) pH4.0: Acetonitrile (30:70v/v/v), with detection of 299nm. Linearity was observed in the range 60-140µg/ml for Lafutidine (r2 =0.999) for the amount of drugs estimated by the proposed methods was in good agreement with the label claim. From the above experimental results and parameters it was concluded that, this newly developed method for the simultaneous estimation of Lafutidine was found to be simple, precise, accurate and high resolution and shorter retention time makes this method more acceptable and cost effective and it can be effectively applied for routine analysis in research institutions, quality control department in meant in industries, approved testing laboratories, bio-pharmaceutical and bio-equivalence studies.
Cite this article:
S. Janet Beula, T. Ramamohan Reddy, R. Suthakaran, M. Viswaja. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Lafutidine using Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. .2023; 15(3):184-8. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00030
S. Janet Beula, T. Ramamohan Reddy, R. Suthakaran, M. Viswaja. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation for the Estimation of Lafutidine using Bulk and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology. .2023; 15(3):184-8. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2023.00030 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-15-3-6
1. The Drugs and Cosmetics Act and Rules, 1940.
2. Methods of Analysis-http://www.pharmatutor.org/pharma-analysis
3. Sharma B K, Instrumental Method of Chemical Analysis Meerut.1999, PP 175-203.
4. Breaux J and Jones K: Understanding and implementing efficient analytical method development and validation. Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology 2003, 5, PP 110-114.
5. Willard, H. y. Merritt L.L, Dean J.A and Settle F.A “Instrumental Methods of Analysis” 7th edition CBS Publisher and Distributors, New Delhi, 1991, PP 436-439.
6. ICH Q2A. Validation of Analytical Methods, Definitions and Terminology. ICH Harmonized Tripartite Guideline, (1999).
7. Skoog D.A., Holler F.J., Nieman T.A. Principles of Instrumental Analysis 5th edition 2005, PP 733-738.
8. Ghulam A. Shabir: HPLC Method Development and Validation for Pharmaceutical Analysis 2004, PP 25-27.
9. International Conference on Harmonization: ICH Q 2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedure, Text and Methodology 1995.
10. L. R. Snyder, J.J. Kirkland, and J. L. Glajch, Practical HPLC Method Development, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1997.
11. S. Ahuja and H. T. Rasmussen (ed), HPLC Method Development for Pharmaceuticals, Academic Press, 2007.
12. Zheng Heng., Hen ya-li., Wang li., Fang shu-Xian. Reported Determination of Lafutidine in human plasma by HPLC-MS, The Chinese Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2008, 24(1), 71-73.
13. S, Mahaboob Basha M, Jamb lingam. Reported Development and Validation of RP-HPLC Method for Simultaneous Estimation of Domperidone and Lafutidine in Pharmaceutical Tablet Dosage Form. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013. 5(2), 0975-1491.
14. Sumitra M., Shanmuga sundaram P., Srinivasulu K. Reported Analytical method development and validation of Lafutidine in tablet dosage form by RP-HPLC. International Journal of Chem tech Research. 2011, 3(3), 1403-1407.
15. Shen Qian., Li Huan-ming., Wang yu-qin. Reported Determination of Lafutidine concentration in human blood serum by HPLC. Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal. 2007, 42(17), 1343-1344.
16. Wei- Dong Chen., Yan liang. Hao li., Ye Xiong Liu., Guang- Jiwang., Lin Xie. Reported Simple, sensitive and rapid LC-ESI-MS method for the quantification of Lafutidine in human plasma – Application to pharmacokinetic studies. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2006, 41(1), 256-260.
17. YE Xiang-fa., Han peng. Determination of Lafutidine and its tablets by HPLC, North West Pharmaceutical Journal. 2003, 6.
18. Zheng Yong., Chen Mei., Zhao chun-jing. Determination of Lafutidine in serum with RP-HPLC. Journal of Pediatric Pharmacy. 2006, 3(3).
19. International Conference on Harmonization: ICH Q 2 (R1) Validation of Analytical Procedure. Text and Methodology. 1995.
20. R. Snyder, J.J. Kirkland, and J. L. Glajch, Practical HPLC Method Development, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1997.
21. S. Ahuja and H. T. Rasmussen (Ed), HPLC Method Development for Pharmaceuticals, Academic Press. 2007.