Vinod Matole, Anita Shegaonkar, Smita Kumbhar, Yogesh Thorat, Avinash Hosmani
Vinod Matole1*, Anita Shegaonkar1, Smita Kumbhar1, Dr. Yogesh Thorat1, Dr. Avinash Hosmani2
1D.S.T.S. Mandal’s College of Pharmacy, Solapur-413004, Maharashtra, India.
2Government College of Pharmacy, Ratnagiri.
Volume - 12,
Issue - 4,
Year - 2020
The search for liposomes or lipids was performed on self-generated bilayer lipid hydrations. The liposome drug delivery system has played an important role in the formation of powerful drugs to improve treatment. Recently, the symptoms of liposome formulations decrease symptoms and increase conservation at the target site. Liposomes are also used in cosmetic formulations. Liposomes are described in terms of physical, chemical and biological parameters. New developments in this area are the specific binding properties of agglutinating liposomes with target cells such as tumor cells and specific molecules in the body. This review will help researchers working in the field of lymphocytosis. Distribution this article provides an overview of the drug delivery system in the form of liposomes. He focused on classification, mechanisms, types of comedic liposomes and applications on liposome drug delivery systems.
Cite this article:
Vinod Matole, Anita Shegaonkar, Smita Kumbhar, Yogesh Thorat, Avinash Hosmani. Need of Liposomes as A Novel Drug Delivery System. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2020; 12(4):285-294. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2020.00047.6
Vinod Matole, Anita Shegaonkar, Smita Kumbhar, Yogesh Thorat, Avinash Hosmani. Need of Liposomes as A Novel Drug Delivery System. Res. J. Pharma. Dosage Forms and Tech.2020; 12(4):285-294. doi: 10.5958/0975-4377.2020.00047.6 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2020-12-4-9
1. Chime SA, Onyishi IV. Review on Lipid-based drug delivery systems (LDDS): Recent advances and applications of lipids in drug delivery. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2013; 33(3): 1-26.
2. Saroj S, Baby DA, SabithaM. Current trends in lipid-based delivery systems and its applications in drug delivery. Asian J Pharm Clin Res., 2012; 5(3): 4-9.
3. Yogita R. Gonnade, KN, Ambatkar A. Review on Lipid: an emerging platform for lipid-based drug delivery system. wjpps 2012; 3(4): 572-589.
4. Chauhan T, Arora S. Bharat Parashar and Abhishek Chandel, Liposome Drug Delivery: A Review. ijpcs., 2012; 1(3): 4-12.
5. Sen R, Kumar SS, Satpathy S. Liposome as drug delivery system: A brief review. Int. J. Res. Pharm. Sci., 2014; 5(4):309-321.
6. Sipai AM, Yadav VY, Prasanth VV. Liposome: An Overview. JPSI. 2012;4(7):13-21.
7. Olga P, Jana S, Zoran K, Vesna R. An Overview: Methods for Preparation and Characterization of Liposomes as Drug Delivery Systems. Int. J. Pharm. Phytopharmacol. Res. 2013;3(2):1-8.
8. Laouini, AC, Fessi H. Preparation, Characterization and Applications of Liposomes: State of the Art. Journal of Colloid Science and Biotechnology 2012;1(4):147–168.
9. Tripathi G, Chaurasiya K and Katare P. Liposomal current status, evaluation and recent advances. Int J Curr Pharm Res, 2010;5(3):4-14.
10. KumarA, Reddy GV, Maheswari J. Liposome: a novel advancement in drug delivery. IJPPDR. 2011;1(1):33-39.
11. Vladimir P. Torchilin. Recent Advances with Liposomes as Pharmaceutical Carriers. Nature reviews drug discovery. 2005:4(2)145-160.
12. Mahakalkar A, Kashyap P, BawankarR. The Versatility of Cow Ghee-An Ayurveda Perspective. American Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2014;1(1): 028-034
13. Thulasiramaraju TV, Sudhakar AM, Arunachalam A, Prathap M, Srikanth S, Sivaiah P. Liposomes: a novel drug delivery system. International Journal of Biopharmaceutics. 2012; 3(1): 5-16.
14. Kaur L, Kaur P and Khan MU. liposome as a drug carrier – a review. IJRPC. 2013,3(1):2231-2781.