1. Chawla G, Gupta P, Koradia V, Bansal AK. Gastroretention- A means to address regional variability in intestinal drug absorption. Pharm Tech. July 2003. 27(7): 50-51.
2. Pandey A, Kumar G, Kothiyal P, Barshiliya Y. A Review on current approaches in gastro retentive drug delivery system. Asian J Phar Med Sci. 2012; 2 (4): 60-77.
3. Chien YW. Controlled- and Modulated-Release Drug Delivery Systems. Encyclopedia of Pharma Tec. 1990; 280–313.
4. Chien YW. Oral Drug Delivery Systems. Novel Drug Deliv Pharma Tech J. 2000; 65: 139–196.
5. Ritschel WA, Kearns GL. Absorption/Transport Mechanisms. Handbook of Basic Pharmacokinetics....including Clinical Applications, W.A. Ritschel and G.L. Kearns, Eds.(American Pharmaceutical Association,Washington,DC,1999),p.63.
6. Jain NK. Controlled Novel Drug Delivery. Ist Eds. CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi. 2002; 236-55.
7. Rouge N, Allemann E, Gex-Fabry M, et al. Comparative pharmacokinetic study of a floating multiple-unit capsule, a high density multipleunit capsule and an immediate-release tablet containing 25 mg atenolol. Pharm Acta Helbetiae. 1998; 73: 81-7.
8. Pawar VK, Kansal S, Garg G, Awasthi R, Singodia D, Kulkarni GT. Gastroretentive dosage forms: A review with special emphasis on floating drug delivery systems. Drug Deliv. 2011; 18(2): 9.
9. Klausner EA, Lavy E, Friedman M, Hoffman A. Expandable gastroretentive dosage forms. J Contro Release. 2013; 90: 143-162.
10. Vyas SP, Khar RK. Targeted and Controlled Drug Delivery Novel Carrier System. Ist Ed. CBS Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi. 2002: 417-54.
11. Harder S, Furh U, Bergmann D. Ciprofloxacin Absorption in Different Regions of the Human GIT, Investigation with the Hf Capsule. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1990; 30 (1): 35–39.
12. Chungi VS, Dittert LW, Smith RB. Gastrointestinal Sites for Furosemide Absorption in Rats. Int J Pharm. 1979; 4: 27–38.
13. Desai. Julan U. Floating drug delivery systems: An approach to gastro retention Pharmaceutical Reviews. Pharmainfo.net. 2007; 5.
14. Arora S, Ali J, Ahuja A, Khar R. K, Baboota S. Floating drug delivery system: A Review. AAPS Pharm Sci Tech. 2005; 6(3): 373.
15. Danicla A, Giovanna M, Giulia B, Piera DM, Giovanni FP. Mucoadhesion dependence of pharmaceutical polymers on mucosa characteristics. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2004; 22: 225-234.
16. Desai S. A Novel Floating Controlled Release Drug Delivery System Based on a Dried Gel Matrix Network. 1984 Jamaica, NY, St John’s University.
17. Vantrappen GR, Peeters TL, Janssens J. The secretory component of interdigestive migratory motor complex in man. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1979; 14: 663-667.
18. Deshpande AA, Rhodes CT, Shah NH. Controlled release drug delivery system for prolonged gastric residence: an overview. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 1996; 22: 531- 539.
19. Iannucelli V, Coppi G, Bernabei MT, Camerorni R. Air compartment multiple-unit system for prolonged gastric residence, Part-I, Formulation study. Int J Pharm. 1998; 174: 47-54.
20. Goole J, Vanderbist F, Aruighi K. Development and evaluation of new multiple-unit levodopa sustained-release floating dosage forms. Int J Pharm. 2007; 334: 35-41.
21. Sharma S, Pawar A. Low density multiparticulate system for pulsatile release of meloxicam. Int J Pharm. 2006; 313: 150-158.
22. Santus G, Lazzarini G, Bottoni G, Sandefer EP, Page RC, Doll WJ, Ryo UY, Digenis GA. An in vitro- in vivo investigation of oral bioadhesive controlled release furosemide formulations. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 1997; 44: 39-52.
23. Park K. Enzyme-digestible swelling as platforms for longterm oral drug delivery, synthesis and characterization. Biomaterials. 1998; 9: 435.
24. Fujimori J, Machida Y, Nagai T. Preparation of a magnetically-responsive tablet and configuration of its gastric residence in beagle dogs. STP Pharma Sci. 1994; 4: 425-30.
25. Larhed AW, Artursson P, Grasjo J, Bjork K. Diffusion of drugs in native and purified gastrointestinal mucus. J Pharm Sci. 1997; 86(6): 660-65.
26. Chien YW. Concepts and System Design for Rate Controlled Drug Delivery in Novel Drug Delivery System, 2nd Edn, New york, Marcell Dekker Inc. (1992).
27. Kawatra M, Jain U, Ramana J. Recent advances in floating microspheres as gastro-retentive drug delivery system: A review. Int J Adv Pharma Res. 2012; 2: 5-23.
28. Joseph R, Vincent HL. Controlled Drug Delivery, Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd Edition, Revised and Expanded, 2009.
29. Lembhe S, Mhatre A, Dev A. Gastro Retentive Drug Delivery System: A Review on it a recent advanced. World J Pharm Sci. 2016; 5(7): 499-523.
30. Desai S, Bolton S. A floating controlled release drug delivery system: in vitro- in vivo evaluation. Pharm Res. 1993; 10: 1321-1325. PubMed DOI:10.1023/A:1018921830385.
31. Garg S, Sharma S. Gastroretentive drug delivery systems. Business Briefing: Pharma Tech. 2003: 160-66.
32. Khosla R, Feely LC, Davis SS. Gastrointestinal transit of non-disintegrating tablets in fed subjects. Int J Pharm.1989; 53: 107-17.
33. Mojaverian P, Vlasses PH, Kellner PE, Rocci JML. Effects of gender, posture and age on gastric residence time of an indigestible solid: Pharmaceutical considerations. Pharm Res. 1988; 10: 639-44.
34. Oth M, Franz M, Timmermans J, Moes AJ. The bilayer floating capsule: A stomach-directed drug delivery system for misoprostol. Pharm Res. 1992; 9: 298.
35. Nayak A, Maji R, Das B. Gastroretentve drug delivery system, a review. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2010; 3(1): 2-11.
36. Darandale SS, Vavia PR. Design of a gastroretentive mucoadhesive dosage form of furosemide for controlled release. Acta Pharm Sin B. 2012; 2: 509.
37. Dave BS, Amin AF, Patel MM. Gastroretentive drug delivery system of Ranitidine Hydrochloride: Formulation and In vitro Evaluation. AAPS Pharm Sci Tech. 2004;5: 1.
38. Rapolu K, Sanka K, Vemula PK, Aatipamula V, MOHD AB, Diwan PV. Optimization and characterization of gastroretentive floating drug delivery system using Box-Behnken design. Drug Deliv Ind Pharm. 2013; 39: 1928. doi: 10.3109/03639045.2012.699068.
39. Meka L, Kesavan B, Chinnala KM, Vobalaboina V, Yamsani MR. Preparation of a Matrix Type Multiple-Unit Gastro Retentive Floating Drug Delivery System for Captopril Based on Gas Formation Technique: In vitro Evaluation. AAPS Pharm Sci Tech. 2008; 9: 612. DOI: 10.1208/s12249-008-9090-4.
40. Kumar MK, Shah MH, Ketkar A, Madhik KR, Paradkar A. Effect of drug solubility and different excipients on floating behaviour and release from glyceryl mono oleate matrices. Int J Pharm. 2004; 272: 151.
41. Yellanki SK, Singh J, Syed JA, Bigala R, Goranti S, Nerella KN. Design and Characterization of Amoxicillin Trihydrate Mucoadhesive Microspheres for Prolonged Gastric Retention. Int J Pharma Sci Drug Res. 2010; 2: 112.
42. Goole J, Hamdani J, Vanderbist F, Amighi K. In vitro and in vivo evaluation in healthy human volunteers of floating riboflavin minitablets. J Drug Deliv Sci Tech. 2006; 16: 351.
43. Shakya R, Thapa P, Saha RN. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of gastroretentive floating drug delivery system of ofloxacin. Asian J Pharma Sci. 2013; 8: 191.
44. Bomma R, Naidu RAS, Yamsani MR, Veerabrahma K. Development and evaluation of gastroretentive norfloxacin floating tablets. Acta Pharm. 2009; 59: 211.
45. Prajapati S, Patel L, Patel C. Floating Matrix Tablets of Domperidone Formulation and Optimization Using Simplex Lattice Design. Iran J Pharm Res. 2011; 10: 447.
46. Nasa P, Mahant S, Sharma D. Floating Systems: A Novel Approach towards Gastroretentive Drug Delivery Systems. Int J Pharma Sci. 2010; 2(3): 1-7.
47. Bhardwaj L, Sharma P, Malviya R. A Short Review on Gastro Retentive Formulations for Stomach Specific Drug Delivery: Special Emphasis on Floating In situ Gel Systems. Afr J Basic Appl Sci. 2011; 3(6): 300-312.
48. Zate SU, Kothawade PI, Mahale GH, Kapse KP, Anantwar SP. Gastro Retentive Bioadhesive Drug Delivery System: A Review. Int J Pharm Tech Res. 2010; 2(2): 1227-1235.
49. Banker GS, Rhodes CT. Modern Pharmaceutics. 3rd edition: Mrcel Dekker, New York. 1996; 678-721.
50. Ansel HC. Pharmaceutical Dosage Form and Drug Delivery Systems. 229-243.
51. Gangadharappa HV, Kumar P, Kumar S. Gastric floating drug delivery systems: a review. Ind J Pharm Edu Res. 2007; 41: 295–305.
52. Streubal A, Siepmann J, Bodmier R. Drug delivery to the small intestine window using gastroretentive technologies. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2006; 501-508.
53. Timmermans J, Moes AJ. Factors controlling the buoyancy and gastric retention capabilities of floating matrix capsules: new data for reconsidering the controversy. J Pharm Sci. 1994; 83: 8–24.
54. Timmermans J, Moes AJ. How well do floating dosage forms float?. Int J Pharm. 1990; 62: 207–216.
55. Rathod H, Patel V, Modasia M. Floating drug delivery system: Innovative Approach of Gastroretention. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res. 2010; 4(3): 183-191.
56. Chowdhary KPR, Chaitanya CHKL. Recent research on floating drug delivery system-A review. J Glob Trends Pharm Sci. 2014; 5(1): 361-1373.
57. Wilson CG. Washington N. The Stomach: its role in the oral drug delivery. In: Rubinstein MH, Physiological Pharmaceutical: biological barriers to drug absorption, chic ester, UK: Ellis Horwood; 1989; 47-70.
58. Patel G, Patel H, Patel M. Floating drug delivery system: an innovative approach to prolong gastric retention. 2005. Available online at: http://www.pharmainfo.net, accessed on 27 Sep, 2009.
59. Bardonnet PL, Faivre V, Pugh WJ, Piffaretti JC, Falson F. Gastroretentive dosage forms: overview and special case of Helicobacter pylori. J Control Release. 2006; 111: 1.
60. Deshpande AA, Rhodes CT, Shah NH. Controlled release drug delivery system for prolonged gastric residence: an overview. Drug Deliv Ind Pharm. 1996; 22: 531-539.
61. Karande AD, Yeole PG. Comparative assessment of different dissolution apparatus for floating drug delivery systems. Dissolut Technol. 2006; 13(1): 20-23.
62. Harrigan RM. Drug delivery device for preventing contact of undissolved drug with the stomach lining. US Patent 405 5178; October 25, 1977.
63. Atyabi, et al. Controlled drug release from coated floating ion exchange resin beads. J Control Release. 1996; 42: 25-28.
64. Pandey A, Kumar G, Kothiyal P, Barshiliya Y. A Review on current approaches in gastro retentive drug delivery system. Asian J Pharm Med Sci. 2012; 2: 60-77.
65. Ingani HM, Timmermans J, Moes A. Conception and in vivo investigation of per oral sustained release floating dosage forms with enhanced gastrointestinal transit. Int J Pharm 1987; 35(12): 157-64.
66. Krogel I, Bodmeir R. Floating or pulsatile drug delivery system based on coated effervescent cores. Int J Pharm 1999; 187(2): 175-84.
67. Dhiman S, Singh TG, Sood S. Gastroretentive: a controlled release drug delivery system. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2011; 4: 5-13.
68. Yeole PG, Khan S, Patel VF. Floating drug delivery systems: Need and development., Indian J Pharm Sci. 200; 67(3): 265 – 272.
69. Sheth PR, Tossounian JL. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 1978; 4: 126-672.
70. Mishra J, Dash AK. Recent advances in gastro retentive drug delivery system: A review. Mintage J Pharm Med Sci. 2013; 2: 25-27.
71. Hilton AK, Deasy PB. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of an oral sustained release floating dosage form of amoxicillin trihydrate. Int J PharmnSci. 1992; 86: 79-88.
72. Gupta P.K. and Robinson J.R., Oral Controlled Release Delivery. Control Drug Deliv 1992; 255-310.
73. Mayavanshi AV, Gajjar SS. Floating drug delivery systems to increase gastric retention of drugs: A review. J Pharm Tech. 2008; 1(14): 345-348.
74. Mishra A, Gupta P: Gastro retentive drug delivery system: A review. Int J Drug Dev Res. 2012; 4: 28-39.
75. Seth PR, Tossounian J. The hydrodynamically balanced system, a novel drug delivery system for oral use. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 1984; 10: 313-39.
76. Hwang SJ, Park H, Park K. Gastroretentive delivery systems. Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst. 1998; 15(3): 243-84.
77. Reddy LH, Murthy RS. Floating dosage system in drug delivery. Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst. 2002; 19(6): 553-85.
78. Kakar S, Singh RD, Sandhan S. Gastroretentive drug delivery systems: A review. Asian J Phar Sci. 2015; 9(12): 405-417.
79. Kawashima Y, Niwa T, Takeuchi H, Hino T, Ito Y. Preparation of multiple unit hollow microspheres (microballoons) with acrylic resins containing tranilast and their drug release characteristics (In vivo). J Control Rel. 1991; 16: 279-290.
80. Talukder R, Fissihi R. Gastroretentive Delivery Systems: A Mini review. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2004; 30(10): 1019-1028.
81. Harrigan RM. Drug delivery device for preventing contact of undissolved drug with the stomach lining. US Patent 405 5178; October 25, 1977.
82. Ramdas TD, Hosmani A, Bhandari A, Kumar B and Somvanshi S. Novel sustained release gastroretentive drug delivery system: A review. 2011; 2(11): 26-41.
83. Talukdar R, Fassihi R. Gastroretentive delivery systems: hollow beads. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2004; 30: 405-12.
84. Kumar D, Saini S, Seth N, Khullar R, Sharma R. Approaches, techniques and evaluation of gastroretentive drug delivery system: an overview. Int J Res Ayurveda Pharm. 2011; 2(3: 767-774.
85. Whiteland L, Fell JT, Collett JH. Development of gastroretentive dosage form. Eur J Pharm Sci. 1996; 4: 182.
86. Fabregas J, Claramunt J, Cucala J. In vitro testing of an antacid formulation with prolonged gastric residence time (Almagate Flot-Coat). Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 1994; 20, 1199-1212.
87. Washington N, Greaves JL, Wilson CG. Effect of time of dosing relative to a meal on the raft formation anti-reflux agenl. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1990; 42: 50-53.
88. Wu W, Zhou Q Zhang HB. Studies on mimodipine sustained release tablet capable of floating on gastric fluids with prolonged gastric residence time. 1997; 32; 786-790.
89. Rouge N, Allemann E, Gex-Fabry M, Balant L, Cole ET, Buri P, Doelker E. Comparative pharmacokinetic study of a floating multipleunit capsule, a high density multiple-unit capsule and an immediate-release tablet containing 25 mg atenolol. Pharm Acta Helbetiae. 1998; 73: 81-7.
90. Peppas NA, Bures P, Leobandung W. Hydrogel in pharmaceutical formulations. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2000; 50: 27-46.
91. Oarke GM, Newton JM, Shon MB. Comparative gastrointestinal transit of pellet systems of varying density. Int J Pharm. I995; 114 (1): 1-11.
92. Riner JL, Byford RL, Stratton LG. Influence of density and location on degradation of sustained-release boluses given to cattle. Am J Vet Res. 1982; 43(ll): 2028-2035.
93. Harrigan, RM. Drug delivery device for preventing contact of un-dissolved drug with the stomach lining, US Patent 4,1977, 055, 178.
94. Lehr CM, Hass J. Development in the area of bio adhesive drug delivery systems. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2002; 2: 287-98.
95. Ponchel G, Irache JM. Specific and non-specific bioadhesive particulate systems for oral delivery to the gastrointestinal tract. Adv Drug Del Rev. 1998; 34: 191-219.
96. Klusner EA, Lavy E, Friedman M, Hoffman A. Expandable gasrtroretentive dosage forms. J Control Rel. 2003; 90(2): 143-62.
97. Klusner EA, Lavy E, Stepensley D, Friedman M, Hoffman A. Novel gasrtroretentive dosage form: Evaluation of gastroretentivity and its effect on riboflavin absorption in dogs. Pharm Res. 2002; 19: 1516-23.
98. Caldwell LJ, Gardner CR, Cargill RC. Drug delivery device which can be retained in the stomach for controlled period of time. US Patent 473 5804. April 5, 1988.
99. Caldwell LJ, Gardner CR, Cargill RC, Higuchi T. Drug delivery device which can be retained in the stomach for a controlled period of time. US Patent 475 8436: July 19, 1988.
100. Gupta P, Vermani K, Garg S. Hydrogels from controlled release to pH-responsive drug delivery. Drug Discov Today. 2002; 10: 369-379.
101. Klausner EA, Lavy E, Friedman M. Expandable gastroretentive dosage forms. J Cont Rel. 2003; 90: 14-62.
102. Chen J, Blevins WE, Park H. Gastric retention properties of Superporous hydrogel composites. J Cont Rel. 2000; 64: 39-51.
103. Chen J, Park K. Synthesis and characterization of superporous hydrogel composites. J Cont Rel. 2000; 65 (1-2): 73-82.
104. Atyabi F, Sharma HL, Mohammad HA. In vivo evaluation of a novel gastric retentive formulation based on ion exchange resins. J Cont Rel. 1996; 42 (2): 105-113.
105. Takeucbi H, Yamamoio H, Niwa T. Mucoadhesion of polymer-coated liposomes to rat intestine in vitro. Chem Pharm Bull. 1999; 42: 1954-1956.
106. Arnold SC, Ferritto MS, Lenz RW. pH dependent modification of phospholipid vesicle membrane by poly (carboxylic acid) bearing pendant cholesteryl esters. Poly Prep. 1986; 27: 42-43.
107. Dixit N. Floating Drug Delivery System. J Curr Pharma Res. 2011; 7 (1): 6-20.
108. Ichikawam, Watenables, Miyake Y. A multiple unit oral floating dosage systems preparation and in–vivo evaluation of floating and sustained release characteristics. J Pharm Sci. 1991; 80: 1062-1066.
109. Sonar G, Jain D, More D. Preparation and in vitro evaluation of bilayer and floating bioadhesive tablets of Rosiglitazone Maleate. Asian J Pharma Sci. 2007; 2(4): 161-169.
110. Ichikawa M, Watanabe S, Miyake Y. A new multiple unit oral floating dosage system. I: Prepration and in vitro evaluation of floating and sustained release kinetics. J Pharm Sci. 2001; 80: 1062-1066.
111. Fell J, Digenis CG. Imaging and behavior of solid oral dosage forms in vivo. Int J Pharm.1984; 22(1): 115.
112. Gansbeke BV, Timmermans J, Schoutens A, Moes AJ. Intragastric positioning of two concurrently ingested pharmaceutical matrix dosage forms. Nucl Med Biol. 1991; 18: 711-718.
113. Jao F, Edgren, DE. Wong PS. (2000). Gastric retention dosage form havin multiple layers. Int Appli WO0038650.July, 2006.
114. Hendee WR. II, In Textbook of Diagnostic Imaging 2nd Ed. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, 1999; 1:1-6.
115. Fell JT, Whitehead L, Collet H. Prolonged gastric retention using floating dosage forms. Pharm Tech. 2000; 24(3): 82-90.
116. Mantry S, Thilothama LR and Shashanka D. Formulation and in vitro evaluation of Metoprolol Succinate Floating Tablets by using two viscosity grade of HPMC. Int J Pharma Sci Res. 2012; 3(9): 3507-13.
117. Moursy NM, Afifi NH, Ghorab DM, El-Saharty Y. Formulation and evaluation of sustained release floating capsules of Nicardipine hydrochloride. Pharmazie. 2003; 58: 38-43. PMid:12622251.
118. Garg S, Shringi S. Gastro retentive drug delivery systems. Pharm Tech. 2003: 160-166.
119. Singh BN, Kim KH. Floating drug delivery systems: an approach to oral controlled drug delivery via gastric retention. J Control Release. 2000; 63: 235-259. PubMed DOI: 10.1016/S0168-3659(99)00204-7.