Shinde G. S., Jadhav R. S., Vikhe D. N.
Shinde G. S.1*, Jadhav R. S.2, Vikhe D. N.2
1Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar. Tal - Rahata, Dist.- Ahmednagar.
2Department of Pharmacognosy, Pravara Rural College of Pharmacy, Pravaranagar. Tal-Rahata, Dist.- Ahmednagar.
Volume - 14,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2022
The RP-HPLC method for Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapine was developed using Inertsil ODS 3V C18 column (5µm, 150mm × 4.6mm) as stationary phase and 0.01M 1-octane Sulphonic acid: Methanol (60:40v/v, pH2.6) as mobile phase. The mobile phase was maintained at a flow rate of 1ml/min, run time 15 min and detection was carried out at 270nm.Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapine were found to be linear in the concentration range of 75-225µg/ml, 150-450µg/ml and 100-300µg/ml respectively. The result of % assay of marketed formulation was found as 101.93±0.1527, 100.86±0.2021and 94.2±0.1527 for Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapine respectively. Accuracy of the method was determined by performing recovery study and the result were found in the range of 100.9-101.4%, 100.1-100.7% and 99.0-99.9% for Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapine respectively. Percentage RSD of precision study of these drugs were found less than 2 percent which indicated good precision of the developed method. The proposed method was validated for linearity, accuracy, precision, and robustness. The proposed method is simple, rapid. precise and reproducible hence can be applied for routine quality control analysis of Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapine in pharmaceutical dosage form.
Cite this article:
Shinde G. S., Jadhav R. S., Vikhe D. N. Stability indicating Method development and Validation of Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapinein Tablet dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(3):238-4. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00039
Shinde G. S., Jadhav R. S., Vikhe D. N. Stability indicating Method development and Validation of Lamivudine, Zidovudine and Nevirapinein Tablet dosage form. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Technology.2022; 14(3):238-4. doi: 10.52711/0975-4377.2022.00039 Available on: https://rjpdft.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2022-14-3-9
1. Mahua Sarkar, Sateesh Khandavilli, Ramesh Panchagnula, Development and validation of RPHPLC and ultraviolet spectrophotometric methods of analysis for the quantitative estimation of antiretroviral drugs in pharmaceutical dosage forms. Journal of Chromatography B 830, 349–354 (2006).
2. USP-NF, The Official Compendia of Standards, published by The United States Pharmacopoeia Convention, City Press, Baltimore, US, 2009, Vol III, pp 3072-3.
3. Indian Pharmacopoeia 2007, Ministry of Health and Family welfare, Controller of Publications, Delhi.
4. Shinde Ganesh S, Development and Validation of RP HPLC Method for Simultaneous estimation of Meclizine Hydrochloride and Caffeine in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Form. EJPMR, 2019, 6(6):433-441
5. Vibhuti Kabra, Vivek Agrahari, Chandrabose Karthikeyan, Piyush Trivedi, Simultaneous quantitative determination of zidovudine and nevirapine in human Plasma Using Isocratic, Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography, TJPR, 2009; 8(1): 79-86.
6. Prasada Rao C H, Channabasavaraj K P, Lakshmi Aswini G, Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the estimation of Nevirapine in bulk drug and tablets, J Pharma Sci and Res, 2009; 1(2): 78-82.
7. Anand Babu K, Jaykar B, Analytical method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of Zidovudine, Lamivudine and Nevirapine tablets by RP-HPLC, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 2011; 3(7): 9-14
8. Venkatesh P and Rajesh Kumar R. Sepectrophotometric determination of nevirapine in pharmaceuticals after derivatization with 2,4-dinitro phenlyhydrazine. Asian J. Pharm. Health Sci., 2011; 1 (1): 33-4.
9. Rohini P, Madhu Sudhana Reddy I, Gupta A, Lokeswara Babu V Sudharani G, Method development and validation for estimation of Nevirapine from tablets by RP-HPLC, Int. J Pharma, 2011; 1(1): 29-33.
10. Purnima D Hamrapurkar, Mitesh D Phale, Nitul shah, Quantitative estimation of Nevirapine by high performance thin layer chromatography, JPRHC, 2009; 1(2):197-216.